Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Chef_Mansa
Level 1

Greetings Pro Community:
I’m a chef new to the Pro Community & the Houston area. I’m here to get some sort of guidance in the “lay if the land” so to speak. So any helpful information you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone.
Occupations (1)
States
4 responses
VelvetO
Level 6

Re: Newbie

• Welcome Chef! I'm located in Texas as well. I have been a member of Thumbtack since 2015 and this is a great platform for gaining new leads. The best advice I can give you is to check the community board for questions and answers from other event pros and don't use this site as your only source of generating leads. 

Velvet Oasis Events

Try to get some reviews from family or past customers. Most of the new customers look at the number of reviews to choose a pros profile that’s what initially catches there eye. Also it would be good to do the automated quoting, that way you’d be one of the first contacts they see.
Moderator Meckell

@VelvetO @Najee_Mustafa thanks for your suggestions! 

Moderator Meckell

Welcome to the Community @Chef_Mansa and thank you for starting this conversation! I hope you'll be able to utilize the Community to connect with other pros and share ideas. Let me know if you ever run into any questions Smiley Happy