Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Quote Follow Ups

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi,

I understand we are charged when we are contacted by the customer after we sent a quote. 

If I were to send follow up messages, do I still get charged even if the customer never responds?

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: Quote Follow Ups

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question. The only time you're charged is the first time a customer reaches out to you about the project. Once that first contact is made, it's up to you to get the job. Any additional follow up messages by you or the customer are free.

5 responses
Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question. The only time you're charged is the first time a customer reaches out to you about the project. Once that first contact is made, it's up to you to get the job. Any additional follow up messages by you or the customer are free.

Horaciopupim
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Now we cant do follow ups until the customer responds> That sucks

We should be able to do as many follow ups as wished

DJStevie
Level 11

Solved! Jump to solution

@Horaciopupim

Yeah, it does suck. And we can't reach out to customer until they respond to us, and we get charged for every reply that gets sent to us! I turned off Promote because the number of replies that I received, I wouldn't have picked those leads. Thumbtack claims that even a generic reply means, "customer is very interested" Where did they get that from is beyond me

0 Kudos
AB
Level 2

Why can't I follow-up on the auto sent quote?

Previously,  I was able to follow-up with more detailed information on how I work/invoice, etc. and now there is a symbol (o with line through it) that prevents me from initiating a reply until the potential client responds to the auto quote.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@AB When customers search on Thumbtack, they instantly see pros who can take on the job. They can reach out to any pros they’re interested in, but they’ve told us it’s confusing to hear from a pro they haven’t contacted yet. Similar to if you searched for a restaurant on Google for dinner. What if restaurants in your search results started calling you? That’s how customers have told us they feel when they’re contacted before they reach out to the pro. If the customer reaches out to a pro and then starts hearing back from up to 10 other pros it can be an awkward/overwhelming experience for the customer. We will also follow up on behalf of pros after about 48 hours to remind the customer and encourage them to move forward with their job. 

0 Kudos