Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Hankster
Level 10

Re: Customer view profile

When I view my profile as the customer in the Specialty drop down there are specialties listed that I don't offer. I'm a DJ. I'm an event DJ as well as a Wedding DJ. I don't offer Photo Booth Rental, Karaoke Machine Rental or AV Equipment Rental. I never have. Also, Music Entertainment & MC & Host Services are separate categories. I do MC services at all of my DJ events along Music Entertainment. Both are part of my DJ package. Why would anything other than DJ be appearing in my profile? Please fix this ASAP! I don't want leads reaching out to me asking me questions about services I don't offer!!

Hankster 8/20/19

Specialty.jpgSpecialty drop down

0 Kudos
12 responses
Moderator Kameron

@Hankster
I want to note that the area you're focusing on here is only shown when pros are viewing themselves as a customer. When I conduct a search for DJ and click on your profile, I as a customer will not see that services list.

With that said, you're right if you don't have those services listed in your actual profile, they shouldn't be listed in this area either. I'm seeing on our end that you'd previously added or started to add those services to your profile. I've removed those on our end and it should reflect in the area you've highlighted in the next day or so. I'll make sure to share this lapse in the site to our teams.

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@Kameron when you say 'seeing on our end that you'd previously added or started to add those services to your profile' that would be incorrect. I certainly wouldn't be adding services that I don't or have ever offered. The only service I have always offered & set my profile for since I signed up with Thumbtack 10 years ago is DJ. Nothing additional. I appreciate you looking into this.

Hankster 8/20/19
0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@Kameron

I'm still seeing those specialties in my profile that I mentioned in this same post last Tuesday that I don't offer & never have offered. The only specialty I offer is DJ. Nothing else. You were looking into this. What's the status? Thanks.

Hankster 8/26/19

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Hankster this is a known error and our team is working hard to get it fixed. You'll be notified via email once this has been resolved. Kameron mentioned above, "I want to note that the area you're focusing on here is only shown when pros are viewing themselves as a customer. When I conduct a search for DJ and click on your profile, I as a customer will not see that services list." I can assure you that is still the case. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Yes I'm aware of what @Kameron  said. I didn't know until today that this was a known issue @Meckell  . Or maybe this is still a known issue. Back in July I started a discussion where I got notified about Customers Are Comparing Prices But They Can't See Yours https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/The-water-cooler/Customers-Are-Comparing-Prices-But-They-can-t-Se... That was showing I needed to set up pricing for Enclosed Booth Rental & Open Air Booth Rental. Supposedly that issue was resolved a week or so ago. I'll take you at your word then that the job poster is not seeing those specialties when they are viewing my profile. I guess we'll have to wait & see. All I know is I don't want to see that anymore on my profile.  It was also stated by @Kameron that he was 'seeing on our end that you'd previously added or started to add those services to your profile'.  He never mentioned how or where  he was seeing seeing that. I'd like to know how he would be seeing that as I would never add those kinds of specialties such as AV Equipment Rental, Photo Booth Rental & Karaoke Machine Rental. I don't have any of that type of equipment in my possession & never have. So why would I be adding those types of specialties to my profile?

Hankster 8/26/19

0 Kudos

Glitch in my Profile

Tonight when I used the preview feature on my profile (as a customer) the first, or default  service comes up Nutritionist. I am not a Nutritionist. It is a violation of CT State statute that I advertise as a Nutritionist without credentials. I need this fixed ASAP. Thank you.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

Re: Glitch in my Profile

@ChefOfAllSeason  I have seen similar results in my field. I cannot replicate it now but on several instances I have searched for attorneys in my areas and have seen paralegals and mobile notarys in the search.  

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@ChefOfAllSeason thanks for flagging. This is a known issue that our teams are aware of and working to correct, and I've made sure to report it as seen on yours. This is only something pros are seeing on their profile under "view as customer" and isn't something that will be reflected in the search results to customers. The services listed in your account on your Services page are what will actually be shown.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Kameron   Just as an fyi, and as I said I cannot recreate it now, but I have seen, as a customer, non attorneys listed in the attorney listings.

0 Kudos