results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
karen1
Level 5

Requests for quotes addressed to other Pros are are being sent to my New Job Opportunities

Requests for quotes addressed to other Pros are being sent to my New Job Opportunities.  Why is this happening? Does this mean the Pro that the potential customer contacted originally declined?

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
4 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Requests for quotes addressed to other Pros are are being sent to my New Job Opportunities

@karen1 When seeing jobs in your Jobs tab, these customers have already contacted a specific pro, but you could be a great fit as well, which is why it appeared in that page for you to quote on. They will show up in your jobs page based on the preferences that you have set.

0 Kudos
ajktsb
Level 4

leads

I am constantly seeing requests for quotes that appear as if the consumer saw someone's info but obviously  not mine. For example I was responding the other day to someone who said my price listed $129 and she wanted to know what that included. I have NOTHING that says anything about $129 and never have in the past either. This happens daily. Consumers are having trouble figuring out the request side of Thumbtack. Very frustrating for me when I respond because I have to try to explain to them that they responded to someone other than who they think.

Highlighted
beep777
Level 6

Re: Requests for quotes addressed to other Pros are are being sent to my New Job Opportunities

Obviously you have never tested Thumbtack from the customer side.  It was so complicated, I had to had a TT agent walk me through the process. The customer first has to select a specific professional to send a job posting to so that the whole group can see it. You just can't post to the group in general. ??? Yeah, I know.

So if you get a customer responding directly to you, I delete without responding as they aren't specifically seeking you out, they just need to select someone to post.

B

Moderator Kameron

@beep777 now when customers come to Thumbtack they are looking to choose a specific professional, rather than looking to post their job for pros to quote on. However, we still make the job available to other pros because they could be a great or even better fit for the job and have an opportunity to showcase that in their quote through the jobs page. For many customers that come to Thumbtack, it will be their first time and we've seen that the new system of selecting a specific pro of their choice makes sense to them and is pretty intuitive. If a customer has chosen to reach out to you directly that's a contact I would take seriously.

0 Kudos