Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Thumbtack Employee ScottA
Thumbtack Employee

Resource of the week: Search results and rank

Hey everyone! This week I wanted to share this help article about search results and rank. Many of you will already be familiar with the concepts in this article, but if you're new to Thumbtack it's a great intro to some of the basics. 

Check it out and use this thread to share any questions or feedback. Also let me know if you have any thoughts on other ways we could improve Thumbtack Help.

18 responses
rachelalvesphot
Active Community Member

Re: Resource of the week: Search results and rank

Hi Scott, 

Can you help me understand why when searching for Portrait Photography in 98119 ( THE AREA CODE I WORK AND LIVE), I am ranking # 25?

Rachel Alves Photography ME - 47 Hires on TT, 43 Reviews, 22 Verified / 4.9

The following are all above me - and have less hires and fewer reviews and most live miles and miles from 98119

Agphotograpy - 17 Hires on TT, 10 Verified Reviews / 4.9 . (Tacoma 37.8 miles from 98119)
Matt Lawrence Photography - 1 Hire on TT, ZERO Verified Reviews, 8 Reviews / 5.0 (Burien 13.2 miles from 98119)
Heidi Marie Photography - ZERO Hires on TT, 6 Unverified Reviews / 5.0 ( Lake Stevens 35.7 miles from 98119)
Fotografia Atelier Photography - 6 Hires on TT, 3 Verified Reviews / 5.0 (Renton 19.6 miles from 98119) 
Pacific Mist Photography - ZERO Hires on TT, 2 Reviews / 5.0 (Mill Creek 20 miles from 98119)
Jennifer Tai Photo Artistry - 4 Hires on TT, 4 Verified Reviews / 5.0
Daymark Studios - 10 Hires on TT, 
Premier Art - 13 Hires on TT, 18 Reviews, / 4.9 (Tacoma 37.8 miles from 98119)
Matt Faundez Photo - 1 Hire on TT, 4 Reviews, ZERO VERIFIED / 5.0
Light Source Studio - 6 Hires on TT, 9 Reviews, 3 VERIFIED / 5.0
Aesthetic - 2 Hires on TT, 12 Reviews, 2 Verified Reviews / 5.0
Lay Renner Photography, 2 Hires on TT, 2 Verified Reviews, 5.0
Mid Heaven Photography - Zero Hires on TT, 3 Reviews / 5.0
Off The Clock - 10 Hires on TT, 18 Reviews, 8 Verified Reviews / 5.0

I don't get it.

I also don't understand why I am listed as a 2019 Top Pro under badges, have been since Feb, when I am told I don't qualify.  It's not on my customer profile.  I have mentioned this at least 3 times to TT Chat people and nothing has been done about it.

It feels like you only want new "pros" to succeed.  

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 11.32.36 AM.png
Moderator Kameron

Hi @rachelalvesphot, I know that your message was directed towards Scott but I wanted to see if I could be of any help as well. You posted a similar message in another thread where I gave you a response HERE. I wanted to make sure you saw this just in case you haven't already. Hope that helps, and If you have any additional questions please let us know Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
rachelalvesphot
Active Community Member

The link directs me to this - 

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 2.58.42 PM.png

Moderator Meckell

@rachelalvesphot that's odd, the link should be taking you here. Let's have you try clearing your cache and cookies and trying one more time. 
As far as where you're ranking, I'm happy to look into this and give you more clarification on your particular situation. I see that you have three different services. Which one are you searching when you're ranking third?

0 Kudos
rachelalvesphot
Active Community Member

When I search business, headshot photographer, 98119, studio, 1 person, I travel to the photographer - I am ranking 6th.

Why does Off The Clock Rank #2 In EVERY AREA??

Why do people with less, reviews and hires and sometimes ratings rank before me?

Ranked Number Six - ME - 4.9 rating, 43 Reviews, 47 hires on TT

Ranked Number Two - Off The Clock - 5.0, 19 Reviews, 10 hires on TT

Ranked Number Three - Donley Photography - 4.8, 40 Reviews, 47 hires on TT

Ranked Number Four - Aesthetic - 5.0 rating, 12 reviews (2 verified),  2 hires on TT

Ranked Number Five - Say Cheese or Not Photography - 5.0 rating, 29 reviews, 28 hires on TT

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@rachelalvesphot where a pro is ranked is determined by these five factors: reviews, profile completeness, setting preferences by promoting their service, how quickly the pro responds, and having their pricing filled out. So although the amount of hires a pro has is awesome for customers to know (which is why it's showcased on pros profiles) it is not one of the factors that determine where pros rank. There are a lot of great pros in your area, including yourself, and depending on the five factors I mentioned, you may see pros shift around on the list. Keep doing what you're doing, responding to your customers quickly, and offering a great service! 

0 Kudos
rachelalvesphot
Active Community Member

If this was the response you are talking about - 

Where pros rank will always be changing because the things that affect ranking can change within your account and your competitions. Things like response time rating, reviews, preferences, and availability are all subject to change on any given day and will have an effect on where one pro may show up vs another. 

Still makes NO SENSE as to why I am ranking on the 3rd Page.

So you are saying that a customer who looks for a portrait photographer in the 98119, photographer and that's all

they list as options that they want, that it makes sense that other pros who are 25+ miles farther away, have never had a hires on TT, who have fewer reviews and no response time because they have never been hired on TT, have a 5.0,  that it makes sense for them to be listed above me?

GeorgeH
Active Community Member

Rachel,  I was having the same problem... in fact, I wasnt even showing up at all.. even though I had more reviews, more stars, more photos, more recent jobs.... no filters set.... yet the people who were showing had 2 or less hires, 1 or 2 reviews... etc... makes no sense.  Even if there are changes in other peoples profiles... what causes you to drop off the list completely?  Here's a question.. are you using promote?  I know they say that can give you a ranking boost. 

0 Kudos
rachelalvesphot
Active Community Member

Yes,   I promote!  I have a 100% response time as well.