Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Resource of the week: customer phone numbers

@Lar I'm not able to expand on those any further at the moment. Stay tuned for future updates and product announcements. Once we have anything we can share we'll definitely do so.

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 10

@Kameron, I tried twice in this thread to engage with Thumbtack (at @ScottA's invitation) and both times my questions were ignored.  I had to remind Thumbtack about my questions before I was able to receive a response from yourself.

Posting a somewhat misleading video about "Customer phone numbers" and then inviting Pros to ask questions when no-one at Thumbtack is able to offer substantive answers to promote further discussion is poor form indeed.

Regards,
Laurence.

@Kameron My assertion is tangential to @Vtmagic's point. Many job postings in the Jobortunities tab have redacted phone numbers and emails. It is a safe bet that these customers want to share contact information, attempt to share contact information, and are not aware they can not share contact information unless a Pro, such as us, bids on or accepts their post. I understand that TT does not wish to give out the contact info for free; that's just obvious business sense. What I am questioning is whether or not these customers understand how the process works.

As it is, anything in the Jobortunities tab that has redacted info ought to be unredacted (i.e., restored) as soon as a bid is put up. That is my opinion.

As for @Lar's observations concerning unkept promises (followed up with nebulous and insubstantial time frames) made in the product updates and "in the loop" threads; Thumbtack loses much credibility.

Let's bring back Prachi and Tim for a direct Q&A forum that benefits us, the Pros, YOUR customers. We are asking not so much why you do it; but rather, what are you gonna do about it?

Lar
Level 10

Well said @ChefOfAllSeason - I agree 100%.

Moderator Kameron

@ChefOfAllSeason if the instance you and @Vtmagic are referring to is happening on job opportunities, then there is the answer. These are customers that have not reached out directly to any pros that would be seeing the job in the opportunities list. It would be strange for them to receive a call from multiple pros other than the original pro they reached out to.

A Q&A with Tim and Prachi could be a great idea. I'll make sure to bring it up with the team to see if we can possibly plan to make it happen. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vtmagic
Level 5

It isn't strange to have a phone number for a potential client. As a pro, I would very much like to see phone numbers mandatory on ALL leads. A lead with no phone number is worth at most 10% of what a lead with a number is worth, no even that really.
Moderator Kameron

@Vtmagic opportunities shown on the Jobs tab are not quite leads yet. If you reach out to that customer with a quote and they respond it will then be a paid for lead shown in your direct inbox, and you'll be given access to the phone if the customer decides to provide it.

0 Kudos
Vtmagic
Level 5

Not true.
1) I've been charged for these leads when I nevef heard from the client.
2) When I did respond, I still was not given the phone number.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Vtmagic you should not be charged for opportunities in the Jobs tab unless the customer responds to your manual quote. If you have been charged for one or more of these please reach out to us as soon as you can and we can make it right. Again, in this scenario, you'd receive access to the number if the customer chose to respond to your manual quote and provided the number.

0 Kudos
LL2
Level 2

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

Why can't Thumbtack show lead phone number instead of hiding it? Other lead companies out there  give lead phone number except Thumbtack. 

I find it nonsense to pay for any lead period unless the lead phone and email address is given.