Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee ScottA
Thumbtack Employee

Resource of the week: paying for leads

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi everyone! This week I wanted to follow up on @Meckell's post last week about the launch of Price Assurance by sharing this article from Thumbtack Help. The article discusses lead costs generally and provides details about Price Assurance.   

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: Resource of the week: paying for leads

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason I've been able to gain some further clarification around this. A first-time response of "no thank you" or "I’m going a different route" is only going to be refundable for a lead you gained by sending a quote through the opportunities section. If it’s an exact match or partial match it won’t be, because it's not the first message the customer sent to the pro. Since a customer reaches out with interest initially, that “no thank you ” would be a second response. I sincerely apologize for the confusion on this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 responses

Solved! Jump to solution

@ScottA After reviewing the article link and refund policy, it appears that a "no thanks" first response from a customer on a partial match lead will be refunded. Is this a new policy now?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason If a pro accepts a partial match lead and the customer's first response is "no thanks" then yes, pros will be refunded. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell Thanks. If the customer responds with "going a different route" is that the same as "no thanks". I recall you answering in the affirmative some time ago in reference to the Jobs Tab (Opportunities). Will the same be true for partial matches as well?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason it looks like this is something that you and Meckell have previously discussed and verified HERE.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron Thanks for that speedy response and the helpful link to the previous conversation about the Jobs Tab now known as Opportunities. My question is about partial matches. Can you answer my question about partial matches? I am all set with the Opportunities Tab policy. I only ask about the refunds on partial matches. The refund policy link does not say anything about "going a different route" for partial matches. It's the policy about partial matches that was not discussed in the previous thread. Thank you in advance for clarifying my query about partial matches.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason the refund policy is a site-wide policy and applies to all lead types.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Then you are saying yes. All responses that say “going a different route” are the same as “no thanks”.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason I've been able to gain some further clarification around this. A first-time response of "no thank you" or "I’m going a different route" is only going to be refundable for a lead you gained by sending a quote through the opportunities section. If it’s an exact match or partial match it won’t be, because it's not the first message the customer sent to the pro. Since a customer reaches out with interest initially, that “no thank you ” would be a second response. I sincerely apologize for the confusion on this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JoeB131
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Doesn't solve the underlying problem.   the underlying problem is that most of the "leads" we get are just people kicking the tires who have no real interest in using our services, they are just getting pricing.   The last six I responded to, only one followed up about getting an appointment.  The rest, I suspect, were just getting pricing.   And that's the ones I respond to, most of them I reject because despite my best efforts, they are in areas that I don't service or are too expensive.  

At $10.00 a lead, Thumbtack isn't worth using anymore.