Highlighted

Saved Reply Limitations of 500 characters

Community Veteran
Best Answer

Any chance saved replies can be expanded beyond 500 characters? I find this limitation a hinderance on my ability to properly sell my firm to a lead.

replies
Highlighted

Re: Saved Reply Limitations of 500 characters

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@MR I have that same problem on the mobile App.

0 Likes

Re: Saved Reply Limitations of 500 characters

Active Community Member
Best Answer

hi Mike:

There may be a loophole for you to exploit. Back in the day, there was a 1,000 character limit on the initial bid.  BUT; once you typed (and paid credits to send that bid), you could do a follow up message. And, on the follow up message I think you could type to infinity.

Detailed job postings often require detailed bids. Many of my bids push the 1,500 character limit.  What you can try is something like this: 
Hi Job Poster: I'm Mike. Welcome to Thumbtack and thanks for selecting me from the list. More in a bit; Mike.

then.... on your next message....which has already been typed out so it can be quickly sent after the first one.

Hi again Job Poster:  Thumbtack limits the length of our initial reply. Once we do that, I believe we can type to infinity.

and then type your lengthy detailed message. 

I was doing this quite often when the 1,000 character limit was in force.  These days, I can usually make 1,500 characters work (which is the limit on initial messages from the "opportunities" tab.

good luck,  Reese Turbin

0 Likes
Highlighted

Saved replies

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Please please please can you increase the character count to at least 2000. 500 is not nearly enough to give end users a well composed response and quote. Thanks!