Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 8

Send Me A Notice Of An Instant Match

I am sitting at the computer this morning pondering if I will ever see any Instant Matches. I open my TT Inbox and and see nothing new. But I get curious and start poking around my inbox thinking ..... well, you know..... I do not know what I am thinking. So I just start poking and find a search selector and realize that Thumbtack sent an Instant match this morning when I filter for Sent Quotes". Is there some checkbox I must activate in order to be notified of new Instant Matches? It sure seems to me I should have a way to be informed that Instant Match does something for me so that I may do a followup with the prospect. Like maybe I would send then a sample report for a home inspection. The sample report that the Instant Match will not send for me. The sample report that I am unable to post on my Thumbtack profile.

And, I feel strongly that a Sent Quote is not a subcategory of my Inbox. It just isn't. Sent quotes are, well, you know? SENT!

They should not be in my Inbox.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
13 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Send Me A Notice Of An Instant Match

@HansenJC the decision was made to not notify pros about any and all Instant Match quotes sent due to the number of notifications it could lead to. Instead, we chose to only notify you if a customer responds to an Instant Match quote via your inbox. However, as you've pointed out you can check your inbox under the "Sent Quotes" filter and check for them there. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 8

@Kameron

Thanks for your clarification of the facts related to this issue.

I will keep my computer open to my inbox and pay close attention for new Instant Matches so that I can be the first to do a followup.

The Thumbtack program places us in the postion of not having any automated way of knowing a quote has been sent on our behalf. Take a look at the advice that Thumbtack gives to the Pros: "Follow Up". This is hard to do when we never know that a quote was sent. A system intended to serve the customers needs for instant gratification is now turned into a manual system for the Pros of watching the computer screen all day and night.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
confidentmac
Level 6

Please create a preference setting so I can choose whether to receive notifications about every Instant Match. If I don't know an IM has been generated for me, how can I be timely in replying or declining the job?

HansenJC
Level 8

@confidentmacYou might be asking for this in a complete vacuum. Without air in the room, the sound of our voices will never reach the ears of anyone at Thumbtack. I have asked for this via email and been told "no, there are no plans to ever do this".

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@confidentmac thanks for the feedback, I can definitely see how it would make things easier to keep track of. I'll be sure to pass it along Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 8

@MeckellI did ask and was told no. What has prompted your change of heart?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@HansenJC Although I can't promise if a suggestion will be implemented into our system, I always pass the feedback along. I apologize if you were ever told no, we love any suggestions we get from pros. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 8

@Meckell@Kameronhad already answerd the request in this way: "the decision was made to not notify pros about any and all Instant Match quotes sent due to the number of notifications it could lead to. Instead, we chose to only notify you if a customer responds to an Instant Match quote via your inbox."

That reply sure seemed to be a definate "NO!"

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
confidentmac
Level 6

Based on the appreciation of feedback Thumbtack has expressed, it seems to be a very iterative company. Even though a decision may have been made at one time, that doesn't mean there's no room for change. If enough of us continue to put pressure toward a specific improvement that is based squarely on a need, Thumbtack may be more likely to implement this change.

In this particular case, I'm not asking Thumbtack to totally change its mind. I'm just asking for permission to change my own mind. If there was a setting in my profile where I could choose to receive notifications about Instant Matches (maybe even all, none, or some, the latter based on an algorithm of relevance), then the service might work better for various pros.

My business does not receive that many IMs. I get one a day or less and I would benefit from notification about all of them. A pro who has less time to spare and/or a more general set of skills that attracts many more matches might only want to look for IMs when they can take more work.

In the middle is the pro who receives a lot of IMs but maybe only wants notifications for those matching a certain set of skills or request types. Perhaps it's for the specifically set jobs but not the related jobs with which they might also get matched.

0 Kudos