Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
MMM_Memories
Level 7

Stop changing my Profile Picture in search results!!

Moderators, please do not merge this with any other post. This is ridiculous. Pros must know.

I don't know how these changes get approved. But stop randomly selecting pictures to use as my Profile Picture! You're messing with my business image!!! I am a photographer, for crying out loud, the Profile Picture you've picked looks moronic.

Random pictures are NOT formatted to be display pictures! Mine is not even relevant to the category of search. You're not doing this right. Stop it. Please, just stop, now.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 4.36.22 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-06-11 at 4.36.38 PM.jpg

25 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Stop changing my Profile Picture in search results!!

@MMM_Memories
Thanks for posting this. I'll be checking my profile pic and make sure it's not randomly changing.
If it is randomly changing, is Thumbtack looking it to correct it? After all, Pros are supposed to select their profile pic, not Thumbtack
DJ Stevie 6-11-2019
MMM_Memories
Level 7

I cant even!!

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 4.48.02 PM.png

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

You have got to be kidding me!!
@DustiO, @Kameron, @Meckell, could someone please explain to me why our profile pics are chosen by Thumbtack?
We are told to put a clear head shot pic, or pic with us at work to attract potential customers.
So now, why do we bother setting a profile pic when Thumbtack decides for us without asking for permission?
When did this change occur?
And everyone wonders why I continue to get frustrated.
DJ Stevie 6-11-2019
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie @MMM_Memories 

This isn't something being done sitewide for all pros. It's simply something we're trying out in order to further help customers find the right pro. Pros can offer multiple services. When a customer searches for a specific service, it can be helpful for them to see a photo that highlights what they’re looking for. If you have multiple photos of your work, we're trying to show the one that best fits what the customer tells us they’re searching for.

You’re both right. Your profile picture is important. After all, it’s one of the first things customers see when they’re looking to hire the right pro. I’ve submitted your feedback about this. We appreciate your help in making Thumbtack improve.

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 7

I’d like to opt out of your ‘trials’.
I see a direct relationship in the drop of the number of leads coming in when my profile image is tampered with.
Unacceptable, bordering on unethical. Please let whoever know - controlling a pros settings without notice or permission with respect to how a Pro’s images are used is akin to ‘strong arming’ my business.
Moderator Kameron

@MMM_Memories While there's not a way to opt you out of this experience, as mentioned I made sure to share your specific feedback around this topic directly to the teams that would need to know.

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 7

@DustiO, @Kameron, @Meckell @Drew

You’ve removed my post for ‘not being constructive’ I’m sure all your moderators had a chance to see that post, or I’m sure it’s in archives somewhere. Lets take a moment to constuctively contemplate the irony: You have so much control over a 'post' buried in a 'community' and I have virtually no control over my public business image here on TT. Does that seem fair?

Since you’ve removed that post in one fell swoop. Here is the constructive part: Allow Pros as much liberty with TT and its public image as TT seems to take with us Pros and our businesses. This only seems fair.

Here some constructive advise for your design and management team:

Please try an exercise in empathy: Have every member of your team allow someone who doesn’t know them or their career to anonymously and liberally modify their LinkedIn Profile and, of course it’s only fair, they have to live with the results. Have a group discussion on how that makes you feel, and in turn see what your learnings tell you about what it means to Pros (making a living off your platform) and how they feel when they have their Profiles tampered with (and please remember pros, unlike members of this exercise, have this done without warning or consent). I’m sure it will be a very interesting and invaluable learning exercise. I am happy to extend my services as a Designer (and TT Pro!) to design and execute this; I promise you; fun, lighthearted and constructive learning exercise. I personally think TT will benefit greatly from this.

Also, being a ‘subject’ of the way TT operates it is my sincere advice to please have your design team, product managers, strategists, business model developers, managements, moderators, lawyers and anyone who works at TT to understand and define ‘consent‘ as it pertains to this situation. It is invaluable to know where TT draws a firm line. To understand where your liberty with your platform ends and my sovereignty over my business begins. Do let us know TT’s stance on this, as I’m sure several Pros are eager to know.

Also, and this being the one of most interest to me: As an unwilling test subject, how is my loss of business going to be compensated?

MMM_Memories
Level 7

Again. Everytime there is a slow down of leads, I dont have even check to know what is happening. TT is still messing with my display picture. So I have to ask again: As an unwilling test subject, how is TT going to compensate my loss of business and damage to my business image?

U-Control
Level 4

I too would like this feature to be removed from my profile. This is negatively affecting my appearance and professionalism.

Other pros in my area aren’t having their image tampered with. To make matters worse, the image that has been chosen is a customer uploaded image that is low quality and not even centered.

I paid money to be able to use my logo or professional headshot and it’s negatively affecting my business when TT keeps changing it.