results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Re: Stop changing my Profile Picture in search results!!

So my clients get to see a picture of my NY Strip Steak and not my professional business logo?

What are you guys doing??????
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron @taylor 

I've had some time to think more about this. Are we not able to opt out of Thumbtack's "Trials" because of T.O.S.? If so, where is it in the T.O.S.?

Also, not to repeat myself, but you, @Meckell , @DustiO@taylor  and other reps that I've spoken with, ALL have suggested that we have a catchy profile pic, more of a very clear head shot, or whatever we want to attract a "customer". So, why is Thumbtack trying to change this? If someone asks for a wedding DJ, how does Thumback know what picture that I would use as my profile? That should be left up to me to decide if I want to change my profile picture, not Thumbtack!

Suggestion, please allow the Pros to continue to control their own profile, and not edit anything without permission from the Pros.

DJ Stevie 6-28-2019

What "trials"?

DJStevie
Level 12

@ChefOfAllSeason 

What I was referring to, was what @Kameron said "It's simply something we're trying out in order to further help customers find the right pro."

DJ Stevie 6-29-2019

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron, @Meckell, @DustiO, @taylor, @Drew

Has my suggestion in this thread, Suggestion, please allow the Pros to continue to control their own profile, and not edit anything without permission from the Pros, been passed on for review?
And is this "choose and pick profile" pic being implemented for all Pros? Or is this experimentation going to end? As I said, I hope it's not going to be implemented in my category, as I should be the one determining what pics to use, not anyone else. I know my business better than anyone, and should be able to edit my profile and profile pic, and not have someone else do it.

Also, my questions weren't answered Are we not able to opt out of Thumbtack's "Trials" because of T.O.S.? If so, where is it in the T.O.S.?

DJ Stevie 7-8-2019,

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 7

Request some update on this situation.
Unfair meddling on Pros profile. Direct link to drop in leads.
TT picks flattering profile pictures for some Pros and nonsensical ones for some. Without a Pros permission.
How are my losses going to be compensated??
cranichik
Level 8

@MMM_Memories I see your post got buried in between posts from 2 weeks ago. I have questioned why they do this, never got an answer that made sense.

MMM_Memories
Level 7

Note: this post as been edited within a couple of hours by moderators but not one can bother to respond to the query!!!!!!!

I’m sure no one will challenge the fact that treating Pros (or their profiles) differently shows preferential treatment,. Why is TT targeting this Pro??? Why has my particular Profile image being chosen to be nonsensical?? While others are not or less so?? When I have stated repeatedly that this directly effects my business and revenue why is TT continuing this? Why drive my business away?

@cranchik, I guess the order has to do with which msg I reply to. That really doesn’t matter.
I just want to know when this unfair trail will end.
MMM_Memories
Level 7

Listen: Stop changing my profile picture! I have not closed a single project since TT started this terribly ill-conceived idea of replacing profile pictures. I have deleted that useless image (my image, I don't mind calling it useless. Its completely inappropriate for the search categories its listed for. Im assuming TT is using some ‘intelligence’, but case in point, its not that smart yet) from my TT profile, but you still pull it from your caches.

This is really an easy fix!! Really. I understand you as moderators you do not have any control over this, please do let me know who I can talk to.

Maybe an employee can help??? I'm happy to ask my questions directly if that'll help fix this quickly. Again as I asked earlier, who is going to compensate my losses for the random trails TT performs on my profile??

Moderator Kameron:  as for "Keeping it constructive and kind" I'm happy to take your notes on what is considered constructive and kind, and I'm sure any post can be edited to remove the unconstructive and unkind parts rather than take the easy route of deleting a Pros post all at once. Please remember only moderators get paid to be on the community boards. Therefore please keep in mind, we'd rather not retype everything each time you delete a post with vague references to constructive kindness. Also, remember, if the issued raised had been sorted out in a timely manner Pros would not have to post repeatedly to call attention to the same issues. I have said this before. I'd rather not be on these boards as personally they have not proved to be helpfull, again case in point. So personally I am here on my own time, swallowing my distaste to help you fix huge issues with your platform that directly effects my business greatly and on a day to day basis. It would be constructive and kind to keep that in mind as you purge posts. Thanks.

Highlighted
DJStevie
Level 12

@MMM_Memories
Very well said!! And, yes, it is an easy fix, as other issues are.
Hopefully you can speak with someone who can help.
Now, I'm looking at my posted pics to see which ones I need to delete as well, just in case this "trial" goes sitewide.
DJ Stevie 7-8-2019