Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
StoriesUpSTL
Active Community Member

The suggestion box is full

I read through a lot of these discussions and I see a common response of "Thank you, we'll take your suggestions to the Product Team".

I'd like to see some evidence that this is actually happening. 

How about Thumbtack starts a thread of changes they have made to the platform because of suggestions from the Pros?  When something new gets rolled out, they post in that thread.  Then those of us that really pushed for that feature/change can Kudo that comment to show our applause for the update.

5 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: The suggestion box is full

@StoriesUpSTL we actually just began our product update posts for each month. You can read our post for the month of February here: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/February-s-product-improvements/m-p/20451. Pros may or may not notice an update that is connected to their feedback in the Community, but if there is that connection we'll be sure to try and note that. Something to keep in mind is that while all feedback is reviewed, not all will be implemented. Every pro and business is unique and what may work well for some, may not work well for others. It's a fine balance that we're always trying to find and consider as we work to make improvements, whether that be for all pros or those that are within the same category. 

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Active Community Member

@Kameron 

"Something to keep in mind is that while all feedback is reviewed, not all will be implemented."

I think this is a given.  I think 99.9% of us understand this.  We are adults.  We are business owners. 

I'm just looking for some PROOF that there has been ANY implementation of changes suggested by the Pros in this community.  Right now, it just seems like ALL changes come from Thumbtack internal and NO suggested changes have been implemented.  Please share an instance if I am wrong.  Please share the original suggestion post/thread and the date of implementation.

"Every pro and business is unique and what may work well for some, may not work well for others. It's a fine balance that we're always trying to find and consider as we work to make improvements, whether that be for all pros or those that are within the same category."

The problem is you took away a lot of features that many of us liked, and have not implemented features that many of us are asking for.

Everything seems to cater to A)  Thumbtack's profit  B) The "customer".

I don't really have a problem with A as long as this advertising/marketing tool isn't becoming more frustrating to use, more time consuming to understand as changes are made, and less of a return on my dollar.  All three of these seem true compared to 6 months ago.  There are countless posts that seem to show a lot of Pros feel this way.

Regarding B, when polling customers about what they wanted, did you only poll customers who had hired on Thumbtack before?

I find the thought of a "tire kicker" having more of a voice with Thumbtack than someone like me who has given you over $13K  very very frustrating.

Moderator Kameron

@StoriesUpSTL here are just a few examples that quickly came to mind. It's hard to hear that you feel changes are meant to only cater to Thumbtack and your customers. In the end, we have to try and make decisions that will be in favor of all three parties involved and I can assure you there is so much effort, research, time spent on each. 

Saved replies is one that we've seen pros ask about frequently: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/Save-time-with-saved-replies/m-p/20046#M306%...

In July we hosted a Q&A about what pros would like to see in their profiles. Past projects were suggested along with many other ideas that were or possibly going to be added: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/Now-live-past-projects/m-p/7759#M280%2Fjump-...

When we first switched to pros paying when contacted there was no price listed for pros who were manually quoting or being contacted with the option to opt in. We heard a lot of feedback about this and were able to get some updates made: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Pricing-payments-refunds/Good-news-about-pricing/m-p/6476

Here's another where pros expressed frustration when the customer budget question was removed. After this, our teams conducted some further research and it was brought back to many categories where it made the most sense: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Get-hired/No-Client-Budget-How-Will-Fees-Be-Determined/td-p/6408

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Community Veteran

@KameronThe issue is not about how every pro is different. The issue that prompts many suggestions is about the TT program itself. There are foundational similarities between all Pros. And there are fundamental flaws in the TT system and model.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
DJStevie
Community Expert

@StoriesUpSTL 

Thanks for posting!

I also believe that the suggestion box is full. Majority of the Pros have given their suggestions over and over again, some repititive such as mine. Even though @Kameron is right about a February thread by @JasonB with Feb improvements, there were 2 very important tools that were taken away from Pros for some unknown reason. From researching some posts, I cannot find where Pros have said to eliminate those tools. If you open the link and read that thread, you will see my comments and other Pros as well.

Hopefully, we can start seeing some of our suggestions as major improvements that will be beneficial to Most, if not, ALL Pros. Many of us have given suggestions for 4 months and longer.  But we shall see what happens in the next post of improvements.