Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Daniel_O
Level 7

There should be a clearly visible location listed on our public profiles.

It's pretty clear that a lot of customers do not take the time to read the pro's profile*.

In the first line of my introduction, I state that I live in Los Angeles, yet I still get leads from out-of-state, who want to meet in person. I'm not charged for these leads, but they're a waste of time, for both parties.

Or, the customer will have chosen "Professionals may travel to my address, I will travel to the pro up to 25 miles, This can be done over the phone or internet" yet specify in their description that they want to meet in person - and I pay for those automatically. I was charged for one this week - can I get a refund?

*I know this because of the above, and I recently had someone contact me on thumbtack, then while texting with her, she asked my rate (visible on Thumbtack), and said it was out of her budget. Can I get a refund? I can screenshot of the texts.

0 Kudos
1 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: There should be a clearly visible location listed on our public profiles.

@Daniel_O we're doing a lot of work to make the experience as clear for customers as possible. I'll be making sure to pass along your examples and feedback on the topic. In those instances where the customer states that they'd be willing to do both, but then say they'd like to actually only meet in person and it's too far away from you, I'd like to take a closer look. If you can send me a direct message with the customer's name I'd be happy to take a look at that one and along with the last experience you described.