Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
MR
Level 11

Thumbtack is a really confusing platform these days

I am really confused on how lead flow works on Thumbtack these days. Maybe someone can help. (Please do not provide me a how to link as you will see that this is not addressed there)

About an hour ago I received a lead in my Direct leads from a person named Lavonda. I replied to the lead within a couple of minutes and the lead read my response, but never responded back.  The TT screen said that the lead picked just me. I was charged for the lead. Note that there is little detail in the lead text for me to work with.

Now, about an hour later I see this in my Opportunities box:

Its the same lead!!! And there is more info in this message as to what the case is, and it says that 0 pros have responded!!!!! But I responded!  So what is going on here....

Why does this go out to other pros within an hour of the initial request???  How can I truly have a chance to win this job???

Not only should I not see this lead in my opportunities tab since I already saw it in my Direct tab... but it is providing MORE info to the pros who the lead did not pick AND it is falsely saying that no pros have responded, when I have responded and she read my message.

First, this needs to be refunded as this really is misleading and quite frankly unfair to everyone, including the lead... and needs to be explained.

6 responses
RCPS
Level 7

Re: Thumbtack is a really confusing platform these days

@MR Is it possible the she opened a new job and this time didn’t select you, so that’s how it ended up as an opportunity? That’s the only thing I can think of if it’s not a computer glitch.

Interested to see why this happened.

-RCPS
11/19/19
0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@RCPS Maybe. Let's see what TT says...   

Moderator Kameron

@MR after looking into this we can see that the customer has two listed projects and possibly needs two different attorneys. The first was a divorce attorney where they contacted you directly, and the second was a family law attorney in your opportunities. If you’re interested in helping them with both types of law you can reach out through the opportunity and/or respond again to the direct lead letting her know that you saw both projects and would be willing to help with both.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron I looked up the case in the DuPage County court docket. Obviously I will not provide details but per the documents it is the same request. The "case in progress" in the one lead is a child support/parenting time petition that has been already filed.  It is the same request posted twice.

Moderator Kameron

@MR if that's the situation then we recommend making the best case for yourself to be the one they hire on the original lead and letting them know you can help.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron  Agreed. But isnt this sort of unfair to my collegues who will bid on the 2nd job not knowing that it was also sent to me?  It is a very small community of lawyers and we do talk to each other a lot... I just feel that allowing the 2nd posting is sort of unfair.