Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Highlighted
cindymac
Level 4

Thumbtack removed a lead

I was in a back and forth discussion with a lead that was very warm today, and when i tried to reply again to the client, Thumbtack said it had removed the lead due to suspicious activity.  I do not think it was a suspicious lead.  How can I reopen it? 

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
8 responses
crussell821
Level 5

Re: Thumbtack removed a lead

This happened to me once before too, and I never figured out why they determined it was suspicious.
0 Kudos

@cindymac @crussell821  Pro and customer safety are very important to us, which is why we have teams and systems dedicated to catching inauthentic users or projects. When we find a lead that turns out to be inauthentic, we remove the lead and the customer and refund pros who were affected. When this happens we may not be able to discuss further details about the actions we take.

0 Kudos
lmheim
Level 6

@Kameron Are there guidelines available for what constitutes "inauthentic"?  Given the rate of ghosting we Pros are seeing from supposedly potentially customers, and the fact that there are no consequences to the customer for not operating in good faith, I recommend that "Inauthentic" be expanded to include customers that do not followup in any way.  That would create at least some type of consequence for these customers, however minor the consequence is.

0 Kudos
cindymac
Level 4

I firmly believe it was authentic.  Just because the bride was planning a silly theme for a small wedding, does not make it fake.  We were in a very, human conversation.  Thumbtack was wrong to take the lead down.  

0 Kudos

@cindymac after looking into this and your account further I wasn't able to find a recent project that was removed by Thumbtack. Do you happen to remember the customer's first name and last initial?

0 Kudos
cindymac
Level 4

Jenny K.     New Orleans lead

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.49.39 PM.png

0 Kudos
cindymac
Level 4

I sent a screenshot.

Her name is Jenny K and its a New Orleans lead.

0 Kudos

@cindymac ah I see it now, thank you for taking the time to point that one out for me. I can see that the customer's project was removed for suspicious activity and aside from that, I'm sorry to say that I don't have any further details that I can share. 

0 Kudos