Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
mm
Level 7

Re: Too many Bidder's ?

That’s interesting. A couple of years ago TTs research said the opposite.
p19581
Level 6

Your reply is too short for me to know who and what you are referring to.

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

I’m a Top Pro on TT about 4 years. Back then, some pros (not me) we’re complaining 5 bids was not enough. Mostly because they were too slow to respond. TT kept saying market research confirmed 5 was the magic number. Now it’s 15. The only reason I can assume they changed was for income.
Highlighted
CCoen
Level 6

I agree I used to get 1 to 2 per day now I've had two in the past two weeks this is killing my business!!
0 Kudos
CCoen
Level 6

I would also like to know who picks the 15 to get to bed because I'm down to almost nothing
0 Kudos
Moose
Level 5

I understand your pain. What use to be competition between about 4-5 of us, now has almost tripled. What’s worse is that I’m getting undercut by almost 200% because I know that some of the guys quoting incredibly low have been high school kids with a pressure washer in the back of their truck bidding on commercial sites. I’ve had to go out and correct some of their work, hince why I kind of know what’s going on. It’s frustrating but keep yalls heads up.

My guess is that this has partly to do with more people finding out about thumbtack and using it, at least on the pro end. I am new and just found this forum. I don't generally have the time for this type of thing but am definitely getting some insight.  Hopefully...more traffic means more people getting the word out to use the platform on both ends.  Maybe just part of an awkward stage of growth.  I'm sure they feel it on the other end too, that being Thumbtack itself.  Personally most of my business has been word of mouth and personal recommendation....more than I could accept actually.  But lately not so much so I've been looking into different avenues of getting my self and my business out there. It's definitely confusing.  But I must say that based on experiences shared to me by other people I know who are in my profession....I haven't heard anything bad about Thumbtack whereas with some others, which I won't mention, I've heard a lot of complaints! It's very seasonal here in Florida though and we are definitely feeling that.  Hoping season brings more clients.

0 Kudos
Chefnikki
Level 5

ABSOLUTELY Agree..it should only be 5 or less..
0 Kudos