results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

Re: Top pro Status

Can I ask what intentful means? I may be a business owner but I am not a pushy sales person so if someone reads my quote, don’t feel that I should have to reach out to them to close a deal if I do not want to. This could be for several reasons one of which could be that I am no longer available and so I don’t want to inundate their mailbox with “well thank you - but... emails”...

As I don’t know if an option to say that you were no longer available want to “somebody and I don’t see an option to get refunded once/if you book someone else before the first person reads your quote or decides to book you for your quote. Sometimes even if I reach out to people they take forever to respond in which case I may have book someone else...

So - are you saying that if I don’t reach out to people that have read my quotes that my top pro status will be affected? Or are you meaning those who did not view my quote? I am confused.

Because honestly that takes a freedom away from the business owners to handle their customers as they see fit and if that’s the case I’d rather not be a top pro because I want to have full control over how I contact my customers and why.

I am a busy homemaker on top of being a dual business owner, I’m also very active with my daughter’s school and I’m attending college - so if I choose not to reach out to leads that have not reached out to me - I believe should not have to.
They read my quote. If they have a question though reach out to me if they want to book me they’ll reach out to me.
I see the importance of reaching out to some clients on occasion just to say hey were you still thinking about things are considering the service etc. etc. I just don’t think it should affect my top pro status.

In closing - I like all the improvements that thumbtack is doing but I don’t like the parameters that are being put on us long time pro’s as we have/could be and often times are, spending a lot of money to book these leads.

If you want to put parameters on us then I believe all leads (we receive) should be free - you could separate them as and how many leads we receive each month so they are not too many people quoting but my point is if I have to pay to act and talk the way that you like, how does that give me freedom to be myself?
Can you let me know about this?
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Hi @FunnyBunnyEntCA nice to hear from you again! I definitely feel you - my kids were 5 and 1 when I started my cake business, it's so exhausting!

The Top Pro stas are only referring to responses to customers who have messaged you. If they have just viewed your quote, but never reached out, that doesn't require a response.

And you don't have to take the jobs, your response can be an "I'm no longer available on that date" or whatever is appropriate. We just don't want to leave customers hanging when they reach out!

Hope this helps!

Dusti

0 Kudos

Hi again Dusti!
Oh phew! Thank you - that clarifies it a lot. I was getting worried...awesome thank you so much for your response!
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Anytime! You can always feel free to send me a direct message as well Smiley Happy @FunnyBunnyEntCA

cranichik
Level 8

Oh, but to respond, means we have to send a quote, right? At your new and exhorbitant fees? I can't afford to!

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@cranichik You might have already found your answer in this thread - but your response time is based on customers you have already  quoted and they have reached out to you. Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to direct message me!

Thanks!

Dusti

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have to agree on this one. I think 90+% of the time people who send an auto response never actually respond back! I really don't like the feature. If you're really interested and motivated to hire someone, you can type out a one-liner. 

LOL guess the only equiptment you need is your brain, maybe they were wondering if you had one of those haha!

Serge
Level 6

Thats going to be tough when youre on the road, or working, and have to type something out every time. Ive got 3 templetes for 3 basic services I offer. I remmeber when there were no templates like 5 yrs ago. It ws HELL. I cant be in the midddle of a project, drop what im doing, and type somehting out. Its not a issue of if someones interested, Its an issue of time management.

I think a lot of ppl view automation as evil, or impersonal. Theres nothing that says you cant make your intro reachout personal or likeable.

0 Kudos

I didn't notice this new rule. I don't have your problem with it. I have another: I quite deliberately don't bid on a fair number of the requests I get. Either the commute won't work, or I don't have the skills/resources, or it's obvious the client isn't serious yet. I will not waaste my time and/or someone else's on a meaningless bid. I agree with you, this isn't a good idea on Thumbtack's part. I'm also surprised by it: Thumbtack had a requirement like this when I first enrolled three (?) years ago, and eventually dropped it at the request of providers.

0 Kudos
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Hi @CasualUnclutter if you read some of the answers on this thread - this is only based on your response to customers who have messaged you - not bidding on jobs won't affect your response rate. Hope this helps!