Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
jelliott
Level 4

View Competition

Anyone know why the view competition selection after submitting a quote isn’t working?

Thanks
States
11 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: View Competition

Let's see what's going on @jelliott. Can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? Also, are you using the app or the browser?

0 Kudos
jelliott
Level 4

I am using the app on my iPhone. I’m not sure how to attach a photo here. I could send it via email if you would like.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@jelliott I just sent you a private message. Go ahead and respond directly to that and attach the screenshot there Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

Same here. On iPhone app.

When selecting “view competition “ from the upper right pull down menu nothing happens. However if you select “competition insights” from the Job Details screen it works.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@mm thanks for letting us know! What version is your iPhone app on? Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mm
Level 7

V123.0

There is no way to send you photos on mobile site that I can find.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@mm thanks for that version number, any screenshots will need to be uploaded via desktop. If this isn't an option for you just let us know. 

0 Kudos
jnovember
Level 6

I reported this bug 2 weeks ago. Still not fixed.
0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

View Competition Link Needs To Be Changed!

Back in December of 2018 I had made a suggestion to improve how the View Competition link looks which currently is in my opinion looks very unprofessional & put together without much thought. I was provided a case number 5443700 & I was also told this was sent to the product team. After 3 months of follow-ups I finally heard back from a support member on March 13th indicating:

"Thanks for reaching out about including the price bid of each pro on the View Competition page. Your feedback helps us find issues on our site and improve the Thumbtack experience for customers and pros. We shared your comments with our product team to review as they work on site improvements.

We get thousands of suggestions, so we can’t follow up on all of them individually. If you want to follow up on your feedback, you can reach back out with your case number: 5443700".

I was then told by another support team member also on March 13th:

"Thank you for responding. I can sense your urgency about this concern, and we've seen that you gave this feedback for a while now. Here's what we can do, I will submit another report regarding your feedback about the competition of the prices among the pros in your area.

We value your partnership with us as well as being one of our top pros. We take this matter seriously. We appreciate every feedback you shared with us. We also want to thank you for choosing Thumbtack to be your business partner. Your success will also be our success".

So apparently a new report, which I would assume is a case, was submitted. I was not provided a case number for that. And of course, since March I've heard nothing back. I stopped wasting my time because TT doesn't value my time. Well it's July now! Does anybody at TT have any update about the status of my suggestion? 

I understand that you get thousands of suggestions & can't follow up on each individually. To me that sounds like an excuse & the support staff is not putting any effort into actually checking with the, in this case, the product team & following up with them. Especially when a case number has been provided. Anyway, I digress.

I will once again explain what I'd like to see. First off as I explained to the support person multiple times back in December of 2018, I'm not looking to see what the ACTUAL price bid is from the service pro. As we all know all the View Competition link shows is what I'll call a meaningless gray line that doesn't tell me ANYTHING (picture attached)! Also, with the View Competition link for the lowest price there is no gray line. Why is that? Makes absolutely no sense!

Anyway, it's time to blow up the current View Competition format. Let's have a more professional & cleaner look. I would like to see an actual money bar graph (picture attached) that at least gives me a price range of what the other service pros are charging WITHOUT revealing the actual price. For the outrageous prices we pay for leads & are not provided any contact information we should be able to see this. This should be a simple fix TT. Let’s get it done!

Hankster 7/13/19

View Competition.jpgGray meaningless line graph

Money Bar Graph.jpgMoney bar graph. This is what we SHOULD be seeing