Highlighted

Re: View Competition Link Needs To Be Changed!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Hankster as a fellow business owner, I have a couple of thoughts on this:

It's valuable to see where you rank among other pros who are bidding on the same jobs. And while Thumbtack provides "average pricing" in your category (when you are setting up your preferences), and in theory could show you what other pros are bidding - it is ultimately up to you to price your jobs.

I know for a fact that I am one of the most expensive cakers on Thumbtack in my area. But, I have been at it a very long time, I know what my time is worth, and I know what I am willing to work for.  It wouldn't matter if I saw exactly what other pros were bidding, because I know that these are my prices and this is what my work is worth. You have also been at your game for a long time, and are obviously very good at what you do - be confident in your pricing strategy, you've worked hard to develop it. If you'd like to learn more from other pros and how they price their jobs, perhaps you could start a thread here in the community. I am happy to tag in some other DJs that I know as well, if that would help get the conversation started.

Feedback is heard and logged, but even so, this may not be something that we will work on. If we aren't working on it currently, it doesn't mean that it hasn't been heard, or that it won't be worked on in the future. 

Highlighted

Re: View Competition Link Needs To Be Changed!

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@DustiO

I am confident in my pricing strategy. Always have been. That's not my point & not why I brought this up. You've taken what I've posted out of context. Plus, you didn't answer my question about why the lowest price pro doesn’t have a gray meaningless line. It’s blank. So I guess in a roundabout way your telling  me without actually saying it that no change will be made here or even considered. The real issue here is the budget question which needs to go away rapidly. Your TT customers have unrealistic budgets when they submit a request. I have a job request in my queue now for a 9-hour DJ event. The customers budget selection? $400-$500. See for yourself. https://www.thumbtack.com/request/mpe5qrf1?service_id=vMH3RWxKOICwfg&syndicated_category=11439370719... There is no way in heck that I will submit a quote on this & waste my money because the customer has no idea what in this case a DJ service charges. That's TT's job. To educate their customers on what they should expect to pay for a service. The TT customer shouldn't be telling the service pro what they want to pay. This TT customer's budget comes nowhere close to what I would charge for an event of that length if I was so inclined to do a 9 hour DJ event which I wouldn't be. Yes, I passed on this ridiculous request. I made a great suggestion to get rid of the budget question https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Find-more-jobs/The-Budget-Question-Has-Changed/td-p/26906/page/3 Check it out when you have a moment.

Hankster 7/15/19