Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Community Manager Drew
Community Manager

Want to know more about Price Assurance?

Hi pros, 

We recently launched Price Assurance to deliver on a simple promise: when you target leads and pay automatically for the leads you always want, we make sure you’re protected. 

Now that it’s been a few weeks and you’ve seen it in action, we want you to be clear on the details.

That’s why you’re invited to ask any clarifying questions you have about Price Assurance by responding below.

On Wednesday around 4pm EST, two Thumbtack employees who oversaw the creation and implementation of Price Assurance will be online to answer your questions:

Sam is a Product Manager who oversaw the launch of Price Assurance and Will is a Product Marketing Manager who led the rollout. Between them, they are two experts who know the Price Assurance as well as anyone.

Here’s how to participate:

• Reply below with your question from 10am - 7pm EST on Tuesday (Nov. 12)
  • Please limit to one question or idea in a single post so we can respond to as many pros as possible
  • We’re going to do our absolute best to respond to everyone, but be aware that we are expecting a high volume of questions. We might tag you in an earlier response if your question is similar to another pro
  • Off-topic posts may be removed, not answered, or redirected to a more relevant thread.
153 responses
Allygirl36
Level 4

Re: Want to know more about Price Assurance?

Why do we get billed when someone contacts us about a job the we declined the job because we can't do it we should not get billed for that until we accept the job I have lost a lot of money on you people doing that and it's very discouraging
Thumbtack Employee SamF
Thumbtack Employee

@Allygirl36 We never want to auto-charge you for leads you can't do. If you turning down a lot of exact match leads, check out your targeting preferences to make sure they are up to date. Also, make sure to block out days and times that you're unavailable on your pro calendar. You can learn more about your preferences and how to control the leads you target here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/preferences-guide.

0 Kudos
Ds7theartist
Level 4

Why isn't there any kind of refunds system..on things that fall through the cracks , jobs that get cancelled or other situations.
Thumbtack Employee SamF
Thumbtack Employee

@Ds7theartist Great question! We actually have a more streamlined process to request refunds for when things go wrong! You can take a look at this Help Center article to learn more about requesting refunds straight from your account! https://help.thumbtack.com/article/refunds

0 Kudos
Juan_DJ
Level 4

Getting charged full price for a potential customer inquiring about prices is insane. Where is the ROI if 7 or 8 out of 10 jobs Thumbtack is getting the full pricing charge from me. I believe that inquiring charges should be 25% to half the price, and if the customer decides to select my services charge me the full price. 9 out of 10 customers are fishing for the most least expensive price. I look for quality clients not just the quick job.

J.
luciribas
Level 4

I used to be a " pro" for many years in Thumbtack. I am with Thumbtack since it started. But I lost the motivation on responding to the new Thumbtack leads, since my price is higher than other Portuguese teachers. I invested a lot of money developing my method which includes 500 video classes, homework, audios etc.....  I am the founder of Portuguese Today. com . 

I , as a teacher also offer to my students the access to my online course.  My cost per class can't be the same as the new teachers that are entering in Thumbtack , or most that are there already. Because it , I stopped betting  and competing with the other professionals that  charge much less than I do for my work and  my time. Thumbtack is now a platform to  promote  the professionals that are starting in the market, and are  opened to work for a lower cost than I do.  I believe that those are the ones who get the job now, and Thumbtack will probably loose the most experience professionals that have a bit higher cost for their services. 

djavelanche
Level 2

I agree with Luciribas. I too was a pro for a long time and started early on with the company and won best of 2015 & top 5 of 2016. I was also a mentor to others because of it and unfortunately I had to walk away because the numbers don't make sense. If you bid just 4 times in one day you're blowing $100 a day. As a small business that doesn't make sense. I can't do it and I know most people can't. Yet this is the new model. I have reached out and proposed #1 a pay per acquisition meaning you only pay if you and the customer agree that you want to work together. #2 having a minimum professional level and an upper level as well. If people are looking for the least expensive price there should be a minimum standard for each industry to be a legitimate professional business. Thumbtack should want this so that their business and name is not tarnished, as well as making sure that they're providing top notch talent. As I said earlier, I walked away because the new changes don't make sense monetarily or for any professionals reputation. Honestly I would like to see them make the necessary adjustments so that we can all be more successful. I don't see them lasting too much longer if this doesn't take place. Thumbtack if you're listening.... we would like you to work with us. It will make everyone including you more successful.

Thumbtack Employee SamF
Thumbtack Employee

@Juan_DJ Part of Price Assurance is our shop around savings. With these savings, your targeted leads where the customer chooses to reach out to more than one professional are discounted. We even provide a heavier discount if the customer reaches out to more than 6 professionals. You can read more about our shop around savings here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/price-assurance-terms2.

0 Kudos
paul827
Level 4

hi, i was very recently charged for a lead that only responded to tell me she had booked another musician.

i then did contact Thumbtack (once i received an email telling me my stats,) and request that i be refunded that amount since our communication was just to tell me she booked someone else.

Had i not requested the refund i would have still been charged the $25 fee. So i dont think the Price Assurance was in effect here i had to take initiative to get my money back.

thank you

Paul