results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
gwebster
Level 4

Wedding Photography and Event Photography should be separate services

Wedding photography is such a special niche in its own right, that it should be a separate category of its own in Thumbtack' services. I do a lot of event photography, but it is generally very different kind of work fron wedding photography.

I would like to able to promote my services for event photography, but I can't because I end up getting expensive wedding leads that I don't want to take.

Thumbtack, could you please (please) separate Wedding and Event Photography into two categories - Wedding Photography and Event Photography?

Thanks

States
9 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Wedding Photography and Event Photography should be separate services

Happy you reached out about this @gwebster. When you promote your service by setting your preferences, you have the option to set those preferences for just event photography. Just go to your services and select Wedding and Event Photography. From there, you'll see Job Types. Edit the section that says Which types of events do you photograph and un-check weddings. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos

Sounds good if it worked. Mine has been set that way since I set up my account and I still see jobs for weddings.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@NashvilleJason are they jobs in your Jobs tab or customers reaching out to you directly? If you're seeing them in your Jobs tab, that's normal. However, if customers are reaching out to you directly and you're getting charged, we want to make sure the job matches your preferences. 

gotcha

0 Kudos

Agreed. I shoot alot of events, but have no interest in ever shooting a wedding. Separating these would be great!

0 Kudos

I totally agree.

And to that end, Fridays are also a weekend day for pricing purposes. I would charge the same for wedding or event photography on a Friday as I would on a Saturday, but not the same as I would for a Monday or Tuesday. So if I did decide I wanted to turn on promote and list out my prices, Friday Saturday and Sunday are all weekends. Unless this has changed, you can only price by the hour for weekends and weekdays. @Kameron, @Meckell, has this change been considered? Why not just let us price out individual days so this problem goes away? Thanks.
Moderator Meckell

@needsmorecoffee this is a great suggestion! As always, we'll pass this along. If our team decides to implement this, we'll be sure to let you know! 

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

It would be less confusing for the job poster if they were separated (same for video event/wedding). I get a lot of requests through that category which should have come through video production.
0 Kudos
mikeholp
Level 5

Agreed! I'm an event photographer but I don't want to advertise my services for weddings.

0 Kudos