Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

What exactly does "Exact Match" mean?

I'm seeing all of the green flags that said "Promoted" are gone from the conversations in my inbox.   They have been replaced by a light blue flag with the words "Exact Match".  Is it possible to get an "Exact Match" flag on a conversation when I manually reach out to the customer first?  And when the customer reached out first, does it have to be a "Promoted" connection?

5 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: What exactly does "Exact Match" mean?

@StoriesUpSTL as of right now, an exact match flag will only show on customers who reach out to you directly and their job details match your preferences. You won't see it on jobs in the Jobs tab, but it sounds that that's something you'd like to see! Can you expand more on why it would be helpful for you to see this flag on jobs you're seeing in the Jobs tab?

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@Meckell , No I'm not asking for it on the Jobs tab.  I just wanted clarification that if I saw Exact Match that meant the same thing as Promoted.  Since you took the Promoted flag away and the Exact Match flag is new, that is my first assesment of what was going on.

Am I correct in understanding that a customer can reach out to us, even if we don't have Promote turned on and it is possible to see that Exact Match flag? I looked at about a dozen of my "Exact Match" jobs and those were ones that I was Promoted for.  

I'd like to see the "Promoted" flag come back to the inbox.  I keep track of all of my Thumbtack charges and keeping track of jobs I won that I was promoted for is an important data point for me.  If Exact Match doesn't always mean I was Promoted, then I'd like to know that.  

Moderator Meckell

@StoriesUpSTL sorry for the misunderstanding. The only time you can have an exact match is if you set your preferences by promoting. So yes, you will only see this flag if you are promoting and the customer reached out to you. 

DJStevie
Level 11

@Meckell 

I can understand about Thumbtack trying to get an Exact Match for us with the preference settings. But not ALL leads that come in through inbox are Exact! The majority of the leads that I had come in, I had to turn down because of date not being flagged as blocked, or decline because their budget was much lower than my fee. So, that term, Exact Match, is misleading.

I would like to see an improvement in the Exact Matches(calendar blocking to match up with Job Poster, Job Poster budget matching the Pros prices, etc)

DJ Stevie 5-15-2019

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie I can see your side of things. You, along with other pros, have given different feedback regarding this and our teams are most definitely looking into it.