Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

What is Thumbtack doing to protect the Pros???

I just had two people, (might have been the same person) post in two different markets that I have profiles in (Charlotte and Chicago).  Both posts were from a person named Michael (different last names).  Both jobs were had budgets of "more than $7500" which is extremely rare for Thumbtack. 

Because the jobs fit under my parameters, I was charge automatically.  The job poster asked for my contact info in both situations and I gave it to them.  I'm not that concerned about just giving away my email and phone number, but I did get a suspicious Google invite today to the email that was given.  

So my questions are:  Why isn't Thumbtack doing more to protect the Pros from scammers?  Why are job posters even allowed to post without including some details about their project?  Neither of the above posts in question have any more than dropdown/autofill details.

I'm usually more suspicious of these types of posts anyways, so I probably wouldn't even respond to the next "lead" like this.  But I'm pretty dissapointed that Thumbtack allows this kind of stuff to happen.  Shouldn't a certain percentage of the $5K a year I pay them for their legitimate leads go towards systems that protect Pros like me from scammers like this "Michael"?

Everything is set up to not scare off job posters.  Heaven forbid you ask them for some details about their project...or force them to link a LinkedIn or Facebook account.   

Nothing is set up to project the paying Pros.

3 responses
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Re: What is Thumbtack doing to protect the Pros???

@StoriesUpSTL I understand where your frustration is coming from. With the information you gave, this doesn't raise any concern to be a scam of any type. However, we're more than happy to look into it! Follow these steps to report the customer and our team will dig into this. 

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@Meckell The lead from Chicago says "The request was deleted because we detected something suspicious about this customer." on it.

Call it what you will:  scam, suspicious, nefarious, fake, etc

My point is that Thumbtack can and should do a better job of catching these before they reach us paying Pros.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Glad that was taken care of @StoriesUpSTL. We do indeed have systems in place to catch suspicious activity but some things do make it through. If you catch something that you feel needs to be looked into, please report a concern through the message or contact support. 

0 Kudos