Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted

When exactly do we get charged?

This is going to be a very stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Do we get charged ONLY when we get hired or when we have an ongoing conversation with a client? I've had several back and forth discussions with clients and am never quite sure if I'm going to be charged or not.

I told you it was a stupid question. Smiley Happy

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
3 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: When exactly do we get charged?

@QuilterinIowa, not at all, this is a great question. Your information and pricing can be sent for free to any customer you choose, or through Instant Match based on the preferences that you've set. Either way, when you'll pay is the first time the customer responds. If it's a "no thank you", then it's not a response you'll be charged for. This video does a great job to explain further HERE

0 Kudos

I've watched the video. What I'm asking is I guess isn't clear. I'm asking why we get charged to discuss the job with the client and then get charged but still don't get the job. I believe that just happened to me. Is that how TT makes their money? Makes me so scared to quote when I don't know what the job is because when the client is just asking about "quilting," that covers SEW many things, some things that I don't do.

Is there someone I can actually TALK to to get this cleared up?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@QuilterinIowa At Thumbtack, what you're ultimately paying for is the connection. We get you connected to potential customers and it's up to you to seal the deal. We don't want to connect you with customers who wouldn't be a good fit and that's why filling out your preferences is so important. I'm happy to discuss this with you further, just send me a private message and we can get started. If you'd rather speak to someone over the phone, we'd be happy to clarify there as well. You can reach us at: 800-948-2034 Monday-Friday 7am-8pm MST. 

0 Kudos