results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

When is a lead considered not a viable contact?

If a customer reaches out to a pro and the job doesn't match that pro's preferences,  the pro pays for the contact if they hit "accept". 

But is it considered a contact if the job poster doesn't respond to that pro's first message/question?  What if they don't respond to the second message/question?  The third?

I'm trying to understand Thumbtack's justification for charging for a contact that has ignored the pro completely.  Is it really a contact if all the communication is one sided?

How many messages does the pro have to send and how long of time has to have passed in order for the lead to be considered eligable for a refund?

1 responses
Lar
Level 10

Re: When is a lead considered not a viable contact?

@StoriesUpSTL, asked ... "But is it considered a contact if the job poster doesn't respond to that pro's first message/question?  What if they don't respond to the second message/question?  The third?"

Previous commentary from Thumbtack representatives of this community board suggest that when you pay for a lead Thumbtack consider it to be a contact regardless of whether the lead actually decides to talk to you or not.  

Presently with Thumbtack Pros pay for the opportunity to engage with a lead. That's all you are paying for, the opportunity, nothing else. Thumbtack offer no guarantee and no representation that the lead you are purchasing from them will respond to you. If a lead does not respond to you then at present Thumbtack have no obligation to issue a refund. It's not their problem.

Based on copious feedback from Pros on this board the issue of 'ghosting' is a far too common occurance on Thumbtack. Further, and in my own experience, I believe that very few leads ever end up hiring any Thumbtack Pro at all.  

Regards,
Laurence