Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Why can't Pros just opt out of all notifications they don't want?

I constantly get email notifications of customers that want a quote for video production services that don't have a budget that meets my minimum standards.  I decline the lead and let Thumbtack know it's because they didn't have enough money.

Then I get an email stating "Even though it wasn’t an exact match, we gave you the opportunity to decide if you were interested and wanted to respond."

This happens multiple times a week, sometimes multiple times a day.

Why can't I just opt out of all "suggested"/"partial" matches and only receive leads from targeted "exact matches" and/or a higher threshold that I choose. 

For example, my minimum is set at $1500-$2500 for targeted jobs.  I wouldn't mind having the option to consider paying for leads where the customer's budget is $1000-$1500.  But I have no interest and will never have any interest in speaking with customers who don't have at least a $1400 budget.  I find dealing with all these emails and leads annoying and just another task to do.  For the price that I'm paying Thumbtack on a monthly basis, I should have more customization and control over the notifications that I receive.

6 responses
mm
Level 7

Re: Why can't Pros just opt out of all notifications they don't want?

Another big problem is TT les JPs select multiple budgets. So let’s say I’ve got the “under $400” budget turned off. The JP selects “under $400” AND $400-700, I then get a promoted lead that’s an “exact match” when it’s not because 100% of the time the JP only has less than $400 to spend.

Tt should only allow one budget selection to be submitted.
Highlighted
mm
Level 7

From what I can tell pros are not bidding or promoting so they are trying to get some $$ out of the lead. I get 5-6 of these a day and maybe 1 promoted lead.
Moderator Kameron

@mm thanks for sharing. I've made sure to pass along your feedback on this as well. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@StoriesUpSTL thank you for starting this conversation and for sharing this feedback with us. I want to mention that allowing pros to choose a customer budget range in their targeting preferences is still really quite new, but your thoughts on how our teams can possibly help pros narrow down what constitutes and is sent to you as a partial match are certainly worth looking into. 

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Stop emailing me for gigs I don't want.

Yesterday I received 20 emails for wedding videography jobs.  This is nothing new, but I'm about at my breaking point this nonsense. 

I am a videographer.  I do corporate event videography from time to time.  You need to separate these categories and stop sending videographers like myself emails for every wedding in our area. 

I don't do weddings.  I'm not going to start doing weddings.  I don't want to deactivate my "Weddings and Events" profiles, but I'm very much considering it because I am annoyed by the constant barrage of wedding videography emails.  It practically outweighs the number of quality corporate event videography leads that I get from the platform.

0 Kudos

Re: Stop emailing me for gigs I don't want.

I completely agree. Weddings should be separate from events. They aren't the same. I think many of us have been asking for this for a long time.
0 Kudos