results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Why can't Thumbtack screen the customers?

This is a serious question.  Why can't Thumbtack screen the customers?

Why are posts like getting through?

Thumbtack12yo.jpeg

9 responses

Re: Why can't Thumbtack screen the customers?

@StoriesUpSTL 

imagine if you had promote activated....

Highlighted
SharonM7
Level 6

I had a kid reach out to me as well. I asked for a refund and I got it. Just ask the powers that be for a refund.

StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@SharonM7 I did not bid on this one.  She is telling everyone up front that she is 12yo.  My question is:  Why doesn't this get deleted by Thumbtack automatically because she is telling everyone up front that she is a minor?

0 Kudos
LZDNVG
Level 7

When you see stuff like this you should report it (I’ve had to report quite a few over the years) and they normally delete it and even send an update most of the time.

Can’t speak to why it’s not filtered, I agree they should have an algorithm for the customer guidelines. It’s also very complicated to filter 100% of issues, which is why reporting it is so important and helps them work on stopping it in the future.
Moderator Kameron

@StoriesUpSTL We do have systems in place in order to prevent things like this from showing up on the site. I'm really sorry to see that this one has made it through, I'll be going over the account to take the necessary actions. The best thing to do in these instances is to report the job so that our teams can be notified and begin to take care of things. 

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@Kameron How does one report a job without bidding on it?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@StoriesUpSTL if you see something concerning about a job before you quote on it, we definitely want to know about it. You can contact one of our support channels or send @Kameron or I a private message on here. 

0 Kudos
vasy
Level 5

This is a very serious topic and I hope not only Thumbtack but any other online platforms will do something about it in the near future.

We as professionals are screened on almost every platform but not the customers, also customers can leave reviews but we can't review them.

I had a very bad experience with a customer and I was forced for my first time to abandon a project because the customer got verbally abusive and I felt unsafe to finish my job.

After the event I went home and after doing some research I find out that he has a criminal record and was arrested before.

We never know who is texting us and asks for our service, I can only hope that sometime in the future customer' screening will become a reality.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@vasy I'm truly sorry to hear about that experience. We have a whole team here at Thumbtack dedicated to Trust and Safety and we do our best to keep instances like those from happening, and are here to help when they unfortunately do. Did you report this customer with us when this happened? If you need to please send me a direct message with more information. 

0 Kudos