results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Lar
Level 10

Why did TT remove the ability to see if a quote or message had been read?

TT used to show when a quote or follow-up message had been read by a lead. That feature was removed at some point, don't know when.

I found this feature extremely useful because when I saw that a lead wasn't reading my replies I knew that trying to follow-up was a waste of my time and I could move on. The lead was dead.

Without this feature I no longer know if the lead is reading my follow-ups or not. If they aren't reading my follow-ups then sending more follow-ups is a complete waste of my time. I'm essentially just talking to myself and I don't even know it.

I can't see what benefit removing this feature gives to us Pro's.

Why did TT remove this feature?

Regards,
Laurence.

States
44 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Why did TT remove the ability to see if a quote or message had been read?

@Lar 

Many of us have complained about that tool being taken away from us. Don't know what good the complaints have done. But @JasonB posted a thread about February Product Improvements.

This is a part of what was in that thread. 

Removing notifications when a customer views your offer: You will no longer be notified when a customer views your offer. Instead, you will receive a notification once the customer reaches out to you. We want to help you focus on your interactions with customers once they contact you, because that’s when you can continue the conversation, seal the deal, and win the job!

That tool was very important to me as well. It helped me see if customer saw my quote and/or message. And to contact customer as needed. Now we don't have that tool, and are left in the dark.

Moderator Meckell

Hi @Lar, great question! We removed the “View” label from sent custom quotes because we want you to focus your time where customers focus their time.

Customers now spend their time reaching out directly to the pros who they want to work with and pay attention to those anticipated responses. Customers are no longer engaging with quotes from pros who they did not message initially. This means they might not see your custom quote messages.

Because the customer might not see those messages, we do not want you to waste your time crafting or following up on messages. We know this is a shift, but our goal is to ensure you have productive and valuable interactions with customers, and the direct requests you receive from customers are more likely to lead to that desired outcome than custom quotes.

Of course, we always welcome feedback about any changes we make. If you have any suggestions for us, don't hesitate to send them our way! 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

As I stated several times, it was a very useful tool! @Lar , myself and other Pros used it as a way to get bookings! We are now left in the dark if a customer has viewed a quote/message. Now we are told to just sit back and wait for customer to reach out to us. With the "viewed" tool, I was able to send a follow-up as I told @DustiO  via phone, maybe 2 follow-ups. If no customer reply, then I move on.

Highlighted
Julius
Level 7

What TT is really saying is move on and try not look at it as a miscatagorized lead that you were charged for , look at it as a donation. This is very confusing. Once I have been charged for a lead it should be my choice as to how I follow up and cultivate. If TT does not listen to it's pros, how can it be giving advice? A few adjustments on TT end with it's new customer experience should be not to let the potential customer leave the que without posting their phone number. I want to know what paid promotion is paying for. Nothing's really changed .TT making it's pros pay for miscategorized, confusing ,vague, one size fits all, templete responses.
MR
Level 11

@Julius  In the current system, there is ZERO disadvantage to making the lead put in their phone number and email address as TT gets paid when the lead is presented to the promoted pro - regardless of outcome. So yes, I agree that the lead should be required to input that information. 

This also lends itself to the integrity of the lead - the tire kicker, prankster or non-serious lead will likely not leave their information - or will leave bogus info which would certainly be eligible for a credit to the pro on lead price.

I cant think of ANY other service that does not require this information.

Julius
Level 7

EXACTLY , Perfectly stated ! For my money I want something.
Lar
Level 10

I thought a customer was required to enter their email address, isn't that mandatory?

Can a customer reach out to a Pro without providing Thumbtack with any contact information at all; i.e. no email address and no telephone number?

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Meckell

@Lar customers have to provide that info when they create their account, however, it is up to them if they want that info shared with pros or not. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

If a customer sends us a conversation starter through Promote, we pay for the lead. Therefore, any/all contact information for customer should be provided, as we paid for the lead. Same should hold true when sending quotes via jobs tab.

Without contact information, I know that I speak for other Pros not just myself, then the leads seem to be fake.