results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Moderator Kameron

Re: Why did TT remove the ability to see if a quote or message had been read?

@Julius there's no specific person or dispatcher showing pros to customers. It's all in real time based on the factors I mentioned before. 

0 Kudos
Julius
Level 7

Kameron,
I can't waste my time insuring a Mickey Mouse project . I need to know exactly what's going on. Vague responses and vague templetes equal me throwing my money out the window on worthless leads. I need to pick who I am willing to work for not the other way around. I look for clients not customers. TT expects me to trust a homeowner and TT matching me with my reputation and insurance on the line? A renter thought I was going to issue a certificate of insurance without her having approval from her landlord to do the work. She does not have a clue how insurance policies work and she can give me a bad review. She just thinks she is going to get a certificate of insurance up front in advance . She could not comprehend that the certificate holder and additional Insureds needs to be in the contract or it's considered fraud. In addition contractors don't insure jobs without a contract and check. In addition insuring a job takes an additional 24 -48 hours which changes the dynamic one again. When am I available is not a realistic question TT should be getting involved with at all.
Julius
Level 7

What's troubling here Kameron is that Clients tell me Thumbtack recommends contractors. So Clients are really not picking from TT vast network in real time just what's put in front of them by TT. How many times is that lead bring sold ? I notice in my inbox some homeowners have picked up to 10 pros. I would not go near them with s 10 foot pole let alone TT thinks it's a good match. In addition lead prices vary . In Pay To Promote, how do I know what I'm actually getting 20 percent off of when I'm not being told up front what the lead fee is ?
Lar
Level 9

"In Pay To Promote, how do I know what I'm actually getting 20 percent off of when I'm not being told up front what the lead fee is ?"

You don't. You just have to trust that you are getting 20% off.

DJStevie
Level 11

@MR 

Awhile ago I along with other Pros asked to see the statistics that they claim 80% of customers weren't receiving a response from a Pro. Yet with the new system it seems that 80% of Pros aren't receiving a response from the customer. But that's my opinion. Now we get told that majority of the Pros like this new system, but they can't provide us a statistic of that either.

MR
Level 10

@DJStevie 

Thanks for the insight. 

Positions without data backing it up is essentially propaganda. If TT stood by the positions they are taking I would expect to see the data backing it up displayed all over this site (including data on sample size, as that is a very important determinent on the validity of the data) as they would be extremely proud of the positive results.

We can only beleieve that "no positive data displayed" = "no positive data exists"

Julius
Level 7

I can fully understand why TT says 80 percent of customers were not getting a quote. That's a very good stat. I read every lead carefully. 80 percent were nothing I would be the least bit interested in . I can't spend my money and time educating . Now miraculously TT has all that ironed out with a new customer experience ? Just trust TT has it all worked out at triple the lead fee? The most recent complaints on line from around the country asks these same questions. 239 one star reviews and only 7 five star reviews for TT is a real eye opener. Dreams are torn when trust is broken. TT can't expect real pros to ignore our concerns. I have reached out to TT at least 5 times in 1 week and everyone has the same scripted answer. I asked am I supposed to pay 3 times more for more of the same ? The salesman hung up on me.
Moderator Meckell

@Julius I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our support team. I'm more than happy to have a conversation with you about your concerns! Go ahead and send me a private message with more details and I'll look into things. 

Sunflower
Level 4

It’s OK if you cannot share the reason. Can you please just reinstate the feature that allows us to view whether a customer has seen our quote?
Moderator Kameron

@Sunflower the reasons given for why the feature was removed are accurate. However, we've been making sure to document and share when each pro has requested that it be reinstated, including yours. 

0 Kudos