Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
K-9
Level 7

Re: Why did TT remove the ability to see if a quote or message had been read?

I have the exactly the same question. Glad you raised it. Removing this feature has seriously affected our ability, the way we do business here, and at what rate. Most disappointing and disconcerting. As have most of these "Changes and Adjustments" been. We're seriously re-thinking our position. Insites as provided lately, don't seem to be very accurate or helpful these days either. Truly a shame and now (in the last 10 days or so) I see that "they" have raised my prices again while the quality (or lack thereof) of the leads provided seems to continually be diminishing. I'm hoping that Marco's upcoming "stream" will prove to be actually informative rather than just "placating". And Please don't just give me another rediclous "Badge" for this post. I didn't come here for "Romper Room". That's absolutely absurd. This was previously a useful place. Lately not so much. Thanks for listening. Cheers !

Julius
Level 7

My experience with TT over the years has been to read each and every lead carefully. 80 percent of them were worthless. I was not interested in spending my money to educate a homeowner and then have them go elsewhere. In addition I brought those issues to the attention of TT. All TT did was to further intervien with templetes and questions that complicated and made things even worse and completely unrealistic for me as a pro. TT prices have gone up 300 percent and now expect me to trust them and decide who is a good match for me. With my money on the table ? So sudden no warning ? I now get hundreds of leads in 5 different states 150 miles away for 2 hour jobs. TT calls these opportunities ?
No real answers as to what I'm getting. I asked what difference in leads would I be getting in the Pay To Promote ,more of the same? TT hung up the phone on me. This is the new customer experience.
MR
Level 11

@Julius  The experience, although predominantly bad, seems to be different depending on the line of business you are in. I agree with all that you said. For me, I get virtually zero leads now. I can go days without a single lead. Oh, I get well over a 1000 views... but virtually no leads. I am in legal services. Before, quite a few pretty good leads came in for me through this channel and I had a nice book of business from it. Now it is zero. I think the changes on the consumer side have driven away the clients I am seeking. Time to start looking elsewhere. If there are no fish in the lake, the fisherman must go to a different lake.

Julius
Level 7

I really like your insightful and brilliant comments. I say that it does not matter what business we are in, when we accept money there is a responsibility that goes with it. It appears TT has lost it's way. We can't compete with these platforms that can raise 5 to 50 million dollars. Sooner or later our economies get destabilized. It's almost like the platforms favor 1 business over another by how much they pay which then makes me feel like it has the characteristics of an illegal lottery.
mrs
Level 6

Knowing if the quote was viewed was valuable because pros should take differnt action if their bids are being viewed and not replied to VS not being seen at all.   The most valuable to us was when we were given the timeline for all the pros the lead was interacting with: veiws , contacts, and hires.   The more in the dark we are the more we have to experiment to see what works at the cost of $36-48 per lead I'm not inclined to experiment.