Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Daniel_O
Level 7

Why does the app not show all the information supplied for a lead?

I hope this isn't an intentional "feature" of the app.

I've noticed it several times -- the app does not show the "additional information" (the message a customer types) yet a web browser does (even a mobile browser on a phone). This could mean the difference between denying and accepting a lead. It could also make the pro look bad, if they reply to the lead as shown in the app, without referencing anything said in the additional information (happened to me once). 

This means that in order to see a full lead on my phone, after opening it in the Thumbtack app, I have to open it up in the mobile browser. Incredibly inefficient. Fix this, soon.

Screenshots attached.Annotation 2019-08-31 090026.pngPhone.jpg

7 responses
Highlighted
Daniel_O
Level 7

Re: Why does the app not show all the information supplied for a lead?

To add on to this: the app is clearly capable of showing the 'additional details', but only after accepting or declining the lead. Here's a screenshot (from the app) of the above lead after I declined (too far away)Decline.jpg

A terrible glitch in the system... I've noticed this same thing has happened to me a number of times lately - one was incredibly embarrassing.

A customer reached out for my services (Music Entertainment category) - and I sent one of my typically upbeat/happy/enthusiastic responses about how I can't wait to help them celebrate their special occasion. 

Only after accepting the lead and sending my usual response, was I able to see that the request was for the customer's mother's funeral who had passed away from Ovarian Cancer.

I did not hear back from the client.

MR
Level 11

This is actually a big deal that will reflect on the pro. It is my hope that thumbtack does the right thing by sending the customer an apology explaining how this happened with copy to the pro.
Moderator Kameron

@ScottArcangel I'm so terribly sorry that happened. If you can get me that customers name I'd really like to document and share that example of this issue. 

Can do @Kameron 

Most of the time it happens, the result is that I end up sending a message that isn't specifically relevant to the customer. In this particular case, it could have been seen as very insensitive.

But hopefully the end result - is to have all the information that customers input available on the app. If the goal is to give quick responses - we should be working from the app. So to not have the relevant information available on the app, where we're able to give the quickest responses, is a big oversight that can hopefully be corrected.

Thanks

Moderator Kameron

@Daniel_O thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I agree that this information could make a big difference in the lead. I've made sure to report this issue with the examples you've given.

Daniel_O
Level 7

Good to see that this issue has been resolved.