results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
GeorgeH
Level 8

how many pros get to bid on a lead

TT.30 BIDS.jpg

Not sure if you can read this photo, but there are 30 pro's listed here the the customer has reached out to... How many of you would throw your hat into the ring with 29 other bidders?  When I first came to TT, the limit was 5 per lead.  That was reasonabe, it promoted quick responses from pro's, or you would get locked out, and clients were not overwhelmed.. Is Thumbtack doing anything to curb this kind of abuse of pro's?

4 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: how many pros get to bid on a lead

@GeorgeH I appreciate your thoughts regarding this, it's helpful to hear your perspective! I do, however, want to look into this a little further. Can you please share the first name of the customer? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GeorgeH
Level 8

@Meckell     Thank you Meckell for your interest.. We have all seen this happen, sometimes these types of job posters get flagged pretty quickly within the TT system, but that's not always the case.. I'm guessing that it could be a real customer, but could be a fake also... I'll never know... As for the lead name, I can help you there.. this was not one of my personal leads... just helping a friend

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@GeorgeH we're always happy to look into things like this, especially if pros feel that they're suspicious. Feel free to tell your friend that they can reach out to us here or to contact one of our support channels and we'll look into this for them. 

DJStevie
Level 11

@GeorgeH
Wondering how many Pros were contacted via Promote conversation starters?
And if this job came in via Jobs Tab, no way I would throw my hat into this ring. Odds aren't great to win this job.
DJ Stevie
5-7-2019
0 Kudos