Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

interface NOT working!!!! Can't attach previously attached images!

Some updat a couple weeks ago screwed up my ability to add attachments in the app on Android. I used to be able to access previously attached images, which is essential to show clients images relative to what they're looking for. Now when I submit a response and attempt to attache previously used images, a pop up says "no previously used attachments". Because of this, I'm back to the same old stupid issue of people reaching out to me to ask me for samples of my work, because they are somehow not seeing my gallery in my profile - which is supposed to be impossible because they are "required to view my profile before they can submit a request". I originally started addding the attachments after paying for a boatload of "can I see samples of your work" responses! So I nipped that in the but by attaching samples to each quote. Now I can't attach my samples and I'm stuck paying again for people asking for samples!!! I also can't highlight my work for them to get them excited about hiring me, so I'm getting even less jobs now!!!! FIX THE APP!!!!!

13 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: interface NOT working!!!! Can't attach previously attached images!

@DefiningImagery Is this something you're experiencing on the desktop as well or just the app? I want to get a better idea of what's going on so we can get you a resolution. Could you please send me a DM with a screenshot of the error you're getting? 

0 Kudos
DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

Re: interface NOT working!!!! Can't attach previously attached images!

As I said, it's happening in the app on Android.

No, I can't send a screen shot because I have to wait for a job to come in that's has any worthiness of bidding on, which is a rare thing this year. I don't understand why you need a screen shot of the message anyway, when I just told you what the message says and when it occurs. Screenshotting will not add any additional information.

I've found a very bizarre thing about TT reps, in that I am always being asked for the information I've just provided. It's maddening! I explain something, on the phone, in the texts, in the forum, via email... etc., and "help's" response is to always ask for the information that I just gave them. Then, usually, the "solution" suggested to me is to do the very thing that I just explained was the problem that wasn't working! Its even to the point where I immediately give my name and email address, and the next thing they ask for is my name and email address!!! I explain that a button doesn't function, and their response is to tell me that the solution is to click the button and do such and such and they explain in detail how to click the button, when I just said that the problem is that the button doesn't work!!! It results in every call or text for help, turning into 30-90 minutes of discussion, going round and round in circles. And then the bottom line is that I get blamed that it's an issue with my computer or phone!!! This is maddening when they are sitting there on your end, looking at the screen and seeing the exact same thing that I'm looking at on my screen!!!! If they are seeing it too, and I'm seeing it on my desktop, laptop, and phone, in two different browsers, and their screen too, then it is NOT MY faulty gear!!!

Then after all the madness, I'm told the same old, "we'll look into it and report it" and it never ever gets fixed and I never hear back from anyone. It has been 14 MONTHS of no "how you compare" data being shown in my account, on any device, with any browser, and STILL it is NOT FIXED!!! Although over a dozen reps have supposedly checked into it. No one ever checks into anything and no one ever gets back to me. I'm actually still waiting months since I was even told right here in this forum that it would be looked at!!! NO! Still not working, as you can see in this screenshot! TT_compare_not-functioning.jpeg

DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

Re: Filter by distance to find jobs where you want

Yup, and yet again today, after just having reset it to 100 miles, it's back to 150!!! Had to reset it again! There are so many glitches in the system!

So, get this! As I said, when I click on "add previous attachments", I get a message saying "there are no previous attachments". Well, today, I used a template and this time it had two of my previous attachments actually attached!!! However, I wanted to add the rest of them. Now, I just said that some of the previous attachments were attached, right? Well, I hit the button to add more and the pop-up warning box says "there are no previous attachments"!!!! Well, that's kind of impossible to say since there were attachments there that were previously attached! Reminds me of a song, "Yes, we have no bananas"! Huh??? Do you or don't you? How can you tell me there are no previous attachments when I'm staring at the previous attachments that are now currently attached???

And the bigger, more frustrating problem? When I write in to report this, the response is to tell me to add the attachments and they then give me instructions on how to add attachements! I KNOW how to add attachements!!!! The system won't let me!! I just said I CAN'T do that and it's the reason I'm contacting support!!!

So, how do we get this fixed?

Moderator Kameron

@DefiningImagery 

When the Jobs tab filter resets does it happen after you've logged out of your account and back in? Or have you been continuously logged in and just check back in on your account whenever this happens?

I've checked to see that your templates and attachments (along with the pictures you've added in your profile) are showing correctly for me in your account when I check via desktop. I know this is something that Meckell asked for screenshot examples of the other day and that you expressed you'd prefer not to go through the trouble. The reason we ask is so that we can differentiate the error and show the example to our techs when we report it so that they know exactly where the problem is. I know you've described it very well but being able to see it can go a long way.

0 Kudos
DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

@KameronIt happens at any time. I never log out.

Oh, sure... the templates and attachements look fine, but when I go to use them no attached images were coming up. More recently some of the images are coming up, but when I go to "add previous attachments" it pops up and tells me there are none. Just happened again yesterday - yesterday, because today there were no leads for me to bid on in my area!

Actually, I could not provide a screen shot because I had nothing to bid on to try to add an attachment to! Seeing it won't make a difference anyway. I hit the button to add previous attachments and a plain white box pops up and it says in plain black text, "You havent' sent any attachments yet.", which is interesting because that wasn't exactly what it used to say. So they should be very familiar with the pop up box since they were just playing around with it.

0 Kudos
DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

@Kameron  Oh, and it did it again! When I wrote about it last, I changed it back to 100 miles. I just looked now after getting dozens of worthless, irrelevant out of state leads since then, and sure enough, it's back to 150 miles!!! The whole system is full of glitches everywhere and nothing gets done about it. For 15 months the stats still havent' been working. The attachments aren't working. But it seems that since it doesn't affect TT and only makes the pros frustrated with a system that's hobbling along, it just never gets addressed.

Moderator Meckell

@DefiningImagery I understand your frustrations. As Kameron mentioned, you did describe your issue in great detail and we appreciate that. However, we do need screenshots to send to our team so they can look into this deeper. Once you're able to get those screenshots, please send them to me in a private message. Also include your device type, device OS, and current app version. Thank you!

0 Kudos
DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

@MeckellScreenshots are truly irrelvant and don't disclose any more information that I provided, other than the font face in which they are written. You're going to have to provide me with a phone number to which I can text a screen shot, as that is the only way I will have access to providing it. So are you saying that you haven't bothered sending the report because you don't have a screen shot? That would be quite infuriating if that is the case, as that would be quite dismissive. It is Monday and still it is an issue, as well as the fact that the service radius is back to 150 miles when it should be 100. I set it and it immedately defaults back to 150 miles. It's a Motorola Droid Play 8.0.0. I can't find any app version #. It was just update a week or so ago. It's the most recent. But this is the same thing over and over again that i provide detail after detail and the issue doesn't get fixed. 15 months later the other issue isn't fixed and has NEVER worked. It's been weeks and weeks that I can't add attachments... the radius function for the jobs tab has NEVER worked. Maybe TT doesn't care that it's not affecting their profits, but it's been proven to me to be quite sure that it's affecting my bottom line! I'm getting such a small trickle of jobs that I'm dying. You don't have the slightest comprehension of the postion in which I've been put.

Moderator Meckell

@DefiningImagery we have definitely sent a report, however, screenshots are super helpful for our team to look into. You can text them to us at: 415-299-6398. We see that you're still using app version 110 and there has been a recent update since. Go ahead and update your app to its latest version and see if that fixes the issues. If not, please send us screenshots both of your Jobs tab not saving your selected radius as well as the error you're getting when trying to access previously attached images. 

0 Kudos