Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
rik4jc
Level 4

job expired vs. 5 pro quoted

Is a "job expired" message the same as "5 pro quoted on this job"? because i've got each at diffrent time, sometimes just minutes after getting an email notification for a job thats supposed to expire in 2 day but it says job expire not 5 pro quoted. is that a glitch? or do jobs expire when 5 quotes are submitted too or do jobs expire based on time if there are some quotes on the job. just trying to figure out how this works. thanks.

Occupations (1)
10 responses

Re: job expired vs. 5 pro quoted

@rik4jc If I understand your question correctly, the job expiring can happen for different reasons. It could be that the job was canceled by the customer, or that it actually expired. With the new Search Results experience, you'll see fewer instances of the job seeing the maximum amount of quotes.

0 Kudos
rik4jc
Level 4

what is "the new Search Results experience" exactly?

@rik4jc the job doesn't expire when the customer receives 5 quotes, it expires if a customer cancels their request or after 48 hours of the request being open. So no, "job expired" isn't the same as "5 pros quoted." 

Search results will be the new experience customers go through to find a professional to get the job done. You can go here to learn more about this. If you have any questions about Thumbtack or the new experience please let us know. We're always happy to help clarify! 

0 Kudos

Expired or Cancelled Jobs

I get email notifications for jobs and if I see one that interests me, I will apply within a minute or less. Over half of the time I'm getting an error message saying that the job has expired or been cancelled... Why am I running into this with so many job posts?

Are that many customers really cancelling their post minutes after posting it? It wouldn't make sense for the post to be expiring if I am just being notified about it.

Or are that many Pros quoting the customer that quickly?

This has been pretty frustrating as a new user.

Re: Expired or Cancelled Jobs

@p-palma_design sorry to hear that's been happening repeatedly. E-mail notifications for jobs are likely to come in a bit slower. If you're using the app have you tried using the notifications for jobs instead of emails? To check and adjust your notification settings you can follow the steps on this page: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/notifications. I'd recommend giving this a try rather than depending on the e-mails and then let us know if you still continue to see this. 

0 Kudos
Marcus1
Level 6

Hi there,

I kow this post is from 2018 but I am also getting the same problem all the time. For me it doesn't make sense for the post to be expiring if I am just being notified about it. I've promoted my services, though I keep getting the same problem. Have you found the solution to this?

thanks,

Marcus

@Marcus1 As I mentioned in another thread, the jobs in your Jobs tab are sometimes filling up within a couple of minutes. Because you are in a remote category, there are pros all across the US who are also quoting on that job, so it does make sense if it's filling up quick. I'll be sure to respond to your private message about this, keep an eye out for that! 

Marcus1
Level 6

Thanks Meckell.
0 Kudos
KimKosteck
Level 5

Ok so I’m really confused still... most of my jobs that expire are after time, does that mean that they didn’t hire someone in the amount of time they wanted? Does is it safe to assume it wasn’t a legitimate lead. I know in my particular situations they don’t respond to my reply and I typically reply within minutes.
Kim Kosteck
Professional Organizer, Life Coach

“The greatest accomplishment is not never falling, but in rising again after you fall” - Vince Lombardi