Highlighted

Computer Repair: Require customer location when choosing phone or internet support

Community Regular

I noticed after I changed my location to only "phone or internet support" , that I keep getting a lot of leads from people in places such as California for me to do "in person" client calls, can't happen.... I live in New York City. While I can fix their computer over the internet....I can't fix a clients cracked laptop screen over the internet. So I ask myself why do I keep getting these leads that don't apply?.......So I signed on as a customer, and I noticed that customers are not required to put in location preferences (Pro will travel to my location....I will travel to Pro, ....phone or internet support) on the initial form when searching, booking, or checking on the availability of a Pro. Clients should be required to fill out this field "Location", so they will be properly matched with the correct type of Pro, not one 3000 miles that can't rewire your office over the internet. ....Power to remote support!

title edited by moderator on 3/17/2020 for clarity

Occupations (1)
0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Computer Repair: Require customer location when choosing phone or internet support

Community Regular
@sttnyc, I get those too. I think it is an issue on the client side not knowing that a broken screen cannot be done remotely. I just decline those jobs, and if I get matched as a 'perfect Match' I just ask for a refund. Most times I get the refund.

Same goes for computer crashes, blue screens, cannot boot, cannot find hard drive. There really is no way it can be done remotely. I figure just clear them out of your queue as soon as possible so that you can get to the real jobs you can resolve.
0 Likes