Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
JohnCB
Community Newcomer

A New, Unwelcome Top Pro Requirement

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree that speedy responses are important, but pressuring pros to respond within four hours is going too far.  I thought the 24-hour rule was just fine.

Pros are busy during business hours.  It's unprofessional for them to interrupt work with an existing client just so they can respond immediately to a new one, but Thumbtack is now encouraging pros to do just that.

A couple other comments:

1) Pretty unreasonable of Thumbtack to announce a drastic change to Top Pro criteria more than halfway through the evaluation period to which it applies.  Lots of people who thought they had perfect records now have less than five months to try to catch up.

2) I have often had clients thank me for getting back to them so quickly when it took me eight or ten hours.  On other occasions, I have replied almost instantly to clients who then didn't reply back for another day or so.  I highly doubt there was a groundswell of support among Thumbtack customers for pros to respond within four rather than 24 hours.  What's much more likely is that a suggestive survey goaded customers into seemingly expressing that preference.

Occupations (1)
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: Four-Hour Response Time: After Business Hours

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question and clarification @JohnCB. After reading your examples you seem to have understood the new response time rules correctly. “Business hours” refers to 8 am to 8 pm (local time). If the pro gets a message 7 PM, they have until 11 AM the next morning to respond. You can take a look at our recent post about the new Top Pro qualification criteria HERE

View solution in original post

4 responses
JoeB131
Active Community Member

Re: A New, Unwelcome Top Pro Requirement

Solved! Jump to solution

Also, looking at this Top Pro Tracker, it seems to indicate that you have to undergo a background check in order to maintain top Pro Status.  Is this the Case?  I'm not entirely sure that this is something I want, to have anyone digging around in my personal business.  

JohnCB
Community Newcomer

Four-Hour Response Time: After Business Hours

Solved! Jump to solution

I have a question about how the new Top Pro response time requirement (responding to new requests within four business hours) applies to situations when a request comes in after or before business hours.  This is going off Thumbtack's description on the "How you compare" tab of the "Insights" page, which indicates in the "Response rate" category that business hours are 8 am to 8 pm. 

I am sure the calculation is different when requests come in late at night, and I was just hoping to get some clarification on that.  Like if a request comes in at 2 am, and I reply at 11:59 am, does that count as less than 4 business hours?  If a request comes in at 6 pm and I reply at 9:59 am the next day, does that count as less than 4 business hours?  I am pretty sure that both of these situations would count as responding within 4 hours since the non-business hour periods shouldn't be included in the calculation; however, I'd like to be certain.  

Thanks if you can clarify!

Moderator Kameron

Re: Four-Hour Response Time: After Business Hours

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question and clarification @JohnCB. After reading your examples you seem to have understood the new response time rules correctly. “Business hours” refers to 8 am to 8 pm (local time). If the pro gets a message 7 PM, they have until 11 AM the next morning to respond. You can take a look at our recent post about the new Top Pro qualification criteria HERE

View solution in original post

trhoads155
Community Newcomer

Re: A New, Unwelcome Top Pro Requirement

Solved! Jump to solution

This is really making it so much harder. I've been a Top Pro for over 3 years and have almost 400 five star reviews. Like the previous thread having to answer in 4 hours is crazy. I can't be checking my phone every 10 minutes to make her I don't miss a lead. I certainly can't be checking my phone while I'm working with a customer, that's not what they are paying for. Plus now it takes three or four steps just to decline a lead!!!

This isn't UBER, a customer isn't standing in the rain at the airport waiting for a ride. Most of them have been thinking about their project for a good amount of time and a 12 or even 8 hr response time seems more than reasonable