Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted

AUGGHH!! What is this INSANE new calendar thing????? MAJOR GLITCH!!!

I just got a lead and  I CAN'T CLICK ALL THE AVAILABLE DATES!!!! This ridiculous new thing offers dates that the client is available, and it says I should click on the dates that work for me. It said pick 3 or more. I start clicking, and it only lets you pick a few! There are many more dates and times that work for me from their selected times, but I can't even tell the client that! So now I paid for this and I can't even tell them that I'm available???? THIS IS URGENT AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY!!! Now it is showing only the 5 times I was able to click on, which is for this Thurs and Fri, and it says 'the client will be able to confirm one of these times'!!! Well, what about all the other options?  What if I didn't happen to click their preferred time, even though I'm available, and then they choose someone else who happened to select their preferred time by chance??? This is outrageous!!!!! THIS IS A MAJOR GLITCH!!!

15 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: AUGGHH!! What is this INSANE new calendar thing????? MAJOR GLITCH!!!

@DefiningImagery its not necessarily a glitch, but is a new experience that some pros may see when the customer reaches out by clicking on "Check availability" to help make scheduling easier. 

The times preferred by the customer are marked with a thumbs up, but you can always pick outside of those to find a time that works for both of you.

You'll be able to pick the 5 times that best work for you. If the times you suggest don't work for the customer, you'll get a message from the customer in your Inbox. Then you can message each other to find a time that works for both of you.

0 Kudos

It's most definitely a glitch when I am not able to check off every availability I have that matches the client's requests! The system is forcing me to lie by omission! It makes me tell the client I'm only available x, y, and z, when I'm actually available from a-z! And you apparently did not comprehend what the issue is because you your answer was for me to do EXACTLY what I was complaining that the system would NOT allow me to do! If I were able to do that, I wouldn't be here freaking out that I cant! Not only can't I suggest other times, I can't even mark myself available for all the times they offered! Please go back and re-read the issue so you can report it. LIMITING IT TO 5 DOES NOT WORK!!! I was offered 6am -11pm on 4 different dates. Once I checked off 10am, 11am, Noon, 1pm, and 2pm, on the first day, there was no ability for me to continue checking off any other times for THAT day, nor could I select any of the times for any of the other 3 days. Your response is explaining how the system works. My ISSUES is how the system works! It doesn't! There was no way for me to check off ALL the times that they suggested, that ALSO work for me. I could have been available for 20 out of their 25 time slots, but TT will NOT allow me to check off all 20!!!! THEY THINK I'M NOT AVAILABLE ALL THOSE OTHER TIMES! THAT is an issue!!! THAT is a MAJOR issue! I'm paying for a lead but I'm not allowed to show them that I'm available!!!!

Moderator Kameron

@DefiningImagery I've made sure to report your experience and stated frustrations with only being able to choose 5. As I mentioned If the times you suggest don't work for the customer, you'll get a notification from the customer in your Inbox. Then you can proceed to message each other to find a time that works for both of you.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@DefiningImagery 

I posted this last week, I understand your frustration. Also, I find it very difficult, shifting back and forth between bookings and calendar. The old set up was much better for me as well.

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Forum/Calendar/m-p/22325?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&...

I know! I can't even FIND where people have responded to me if they actually respond to me instead of ghosting!!!

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie I believe you're confusing your calendar with structured scheduling, which are 2 different things.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

Thanks for the info. I was never told that there were two different types of calendars, if that's what you are saying.

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie what Kameron and DefiningImagery are referring to is structured scheduling through the messenger, which not all pros are experiencing right now. This is something completely separate from the Calendar. 

0 Kudos

Why didn't you just tell me there was a "SKIP" button?

This is the major problem... TT employees don't know the ins and outs of the system, so end up running us in circles, rewording our complaints as the solution to our issues! There's rarely a real answer, only a restatement of the problem as the solution. Why are the people that are supposed to be helping us, not trained in how the system works? So, this is why I hit the roof when yet another block to my ability to get hired is put in place. And the agonizing frustration of being told that the answer to the issue was an explanation of the system, which only reiterated my complaint instead of resolving it, was mind-blowing in it's maddening compounding of the frustration. Then, to find out for myself, when that calendar thing popped up later - and I was opening another lead on my computer's larger screen, as opposed to earlier when I was responding on my phone screen.... on the big screen, at the top, I noticed the word "SKIP"! Really? That wasn't clearly visible on the little screen and likely hidden by the responsive web design, but it was THE SOLUTION to my issue! So, instead of being told to do what was actually my stated problem, as the solution, I should have been instructed to click on the "SKIP" button to dismiss the forced limited date selections! Why you were not trained by TT in the new system changes is unfathomable. It's bad enough that changes are made without informing us pros, but to not even tell the support staff? I don't even have words! So, what has resulted in a maddening thread, could have been a simple response of "just hit the skip button and bypass the calendar" and we all could have had a calm, soothing experience, instead of maddening frustration. So, why does TT make secret changes that make us flip out, instead of preparing us with knowledge? These changes take us by surprise when suddenly the system doesn't work the way it used to, and we all freak out and panic! Fore-warned is fore-armed. There wouldn't be half the screaming pros if we knew to brace for changes, so we could adapt our workflow to accommodate them, instead of stumbling into a pit we desperately have to climb out of to get back to where we were before. It's terrible for business... TT's and ours, and sends pros screaming through the streets, ranting about TT, instead of calmly accepting changes that we prepared for.