Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
HansenJC
Level 10

April 2019 TT change to prevent follow-up with Customers after sending a quote.

Last Friday I had sent two quotes in the morning. Immediately after sending a fixed price quote, I would always send a follow-up message with a sample of my home inspection reports to allow the customer to see my work in detail.

Suddenly in the afternoon, I was prevented from doing this by a message:

"Just waiting for customer to respond. No need to follow up."

Without this follow-up feature, there is no way to provide customers with an attachment.

This new change is the equivelant of removing any ability to provide a custom quote to the customers. Thumbtack has reduced the Home Inspection category to a commodity product which it is not. Home Inspecting is a professional personalized service.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
States
19 responses
HansenJC
Level 10

Has The TT System Crashed?

I was in the middle of a quote and now TT will not allow me to send a followup message. Sending a followup message is how I expand on the original quote because TT will not allow me to add any details to the original quote that would tailor the quote for the specific details that are found in the request.

Is this a new strategy to force the customers to quote only on price?

Or did I break some new unwritten rule by trying to tell the customers what the price actually includes?

And finally, I am unable to contact  support by starting a chat session to lodge a complaint.

This sytem is getting way out of hand.

And, for the record, I was able to quote two other jobs within the last hour.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Has The TT System Crashed?

@HansenJC 

I don't know if it crashed, as my follow-up option still works. It may be another one of their changes that they are trying to implement?

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

The truth is that TT made a change to the software and they rolled it out yesterday. Two quotes went through before the deployment of the change and after the deployment I am no longer allowed to send a follow-up message. This has resulted in the customer NOT receiving a custom quote and simply choosing their pro based on a price alone.

NOTE: TT did not notify me of the changes.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

In a chat session, I was informed that the follow-up option will no longer be available to the Pros until after you have paid for the contact. I was not notified in advance of the change. I voiced my dissatisfaction with the poor communications and the change itself. I was also told this is being rolled out only to selected markets.

Good luck with that!

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
RCPS
Level 7

@HansenJC So are you saying that if you submit a manual quote (under the Jobs tab and not Promote), that you can only send an initial message and no other follow-up messages until the prospect replies to you (which ultimately triggers the charge)?

If that’s the case, now we can’t even attempt to follow up with prospects (not that they can easily see messages from Pros they didn’t “choose” anyway).

If you can clarify, that would be great. Thanks.
DJStevie
Level 12

@RCPS 

So far what @HansenJC mentioned hasn't happened to me, but changes occur in different markets first. There have been times that when I comment about a change, moderators say that Pros have asked for the change. If that's the case, then why are they not putting useful tools back when we ask? or if we ask for a change, why aren't those changes being implemented?

MR
Level 11

@DJStevie
To your point that TT said changes are based on pro requests: if that is the case here, there is no way a competent pro asked for this change. What possible value does it bring the pro???
If TT says that I would call it shear lunacy and an outright lie.
Lar
Level 10

Before I came to this forum I though that the leads that you quote via the Jobs tab were essentially the same as leads that reach out to you directly. I was wrong, they're not.

Jobs tab leads do not get a text or immediate email notification when you quote them. They do not get text or email notification when you dilligently follow up with them. For a lead you quoted or follow up with who came from the Jobs tab to see your quotes and messages they have to dig around in Thumbtack to find them. They're not hidden but they're not easily found.

Leads will hardly ever respond to you when you send them a quote via the Jobs tab because the lead has already chosen who they want to reach out to via search. When you send your quote via the Jobs tab you are akin to an uninvited guest who is trying to get into a party when the party's almost over. It is very unlikely that the leads will reply to you even if by some chance they do manage to find your quote in the system.

Removing the ability to follow up with leads you've previusly quoted via the Jobs tab merely serves as confirmation that the Jobs tab is of minimal value to Pros.

While removing the ability to follow up with leads you quoted via the Jobs tab may seem like a bad thing it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. You will probably end up saving yourself a ton of time that you were wasting trying to follow up with leads who (1) never saw your original quote, (2) are already talking with the Pros they explicitly chose to talk to. 

Regards,
Laurence.

MR
Level 11

@Lar The only potential winner on the Jobs tab is TT, because they get paid IF the lead responds, but that rarely happens.

It is there for pshychological reasons...sort of a Pavlov's Dog thing.. While the Inbox remains empty, the Job tab gives you a poke every now and then keeping you interested to come back to the site. It provides little other actual value in my opinion. This is a common thing on social media as user engagement is a huge metric of site success. However, most social media sites don't get it quite right and actually create placebo tasks for the user to keep busy on, thus keeping the site engagement artificially busy.

This is sort of the same concept as the badges we get here - they are meaningless - but some people need a pat on the back just for participating to make them feel valued and this is how  a lot of social media sites work... it appears that the Jobs tab is exactly that.

If they removed it, for many the interaction level on the site (because Inbox is so quiet these days) would be next to nothing.