results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
MR
Level 10

Caution-Thumbtack displays wrong Pro Info

Just went on to the consumer side and brought up my profile. Here is what I see:

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 10.49.35 AM.png

Now, Here is the phone number information from my profile on the pro side (which is correct)

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 10.50.43 AM.png

As you can see, the phone number displayed to consumers is WRONG. That number has never been associated with my firm.

This is extremely dissapointing and goes against the credibility of my business. In my line of work, as in many others, people prefer to call and talk to a live person. Here, I have no idea who they are calling, but it is not my office. 

Advice to Pros - Check your contact information asap!

TT- Please fix this immediately.

States
7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Caution-Thumbtack displays wrong Pro Info

@MR I looked at your profile and it looks like the phone numbers are matching now. If for some reason it reverts back to two different numbers, please let us know! 

MR
Level 10

@Meckell Great, thank you very much for looking at this.

Any idea what was going on?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@MR it's hard to say as I didn't see the error on your account. So if you do see this again, please let me know and we can dig into it! 

0 Kudos

Wow, I am glad that I started searching around the web to find out what is going on with ThumbTack.  Besides the incredable increase in charges to contractors I searched for my own business in its own zip code and my business was not even listed.  There were businesses that were listed but most were headquartered two hours away.  I have had only five star reviews up until a potential lead gave me a 1 star based on the fact that they left the house when I was supposed to do a consultation.  Thumbtack did nothing for this...  So I have five stars from all of my customers that hired me but a 1 star from a bad lead.  Right now I am hiring a local marketing group to help out since ThumbTack has been no help.  

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@RealContractor I'm sorry to hear that your business isn't finding success on Thumbtack. If you're up to it, I'm more than happy to look over your profile and give you tips on ways to get connected with more customers. If so, send me a private message and we can work together to turn this experience around for you. 

StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@MR Thumbtack is (or was) using some sort of relay number to track phone calls to you.  I called 224-203-5327 and it goes to your voicemail.  I'm guessing it is relaying to your correct number. 

I use to get phone calls from phone numbers with a 314 area code (The main area code where I am, in St. Louis).  I wouldn't answer it and they would not leave a voicemail.  I would then see the same 314 number listed on my conversation with a customer saying that they called me from that number.  But these were for customers that were in markets other than St. Louis.  I have profiles in 27 different markets as I do work all over the US.

One time, one of these particular customers was in Florida.  The gig was in Atlanta.  I messaged him "Hey I see you are from St. Louis too!"  He said "I have no idea what you are talking about.  I'm in Florida.".  So my theory is: it's acting as a double relay where the customer can't see your phone number and you can't see the customer's phone number.  

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@StoriesUpSTL Very interesting. Thank you for sharing this. I will investigate more.