Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Lar
Level 9

Re: Ghostbusters

@MR, yes, slightly different button wording may be better for certain categories. 

Whatever the wording of the button it needs to unequivoqually convey to the lead that when they click that button they will be starting a conversation with the Pro. If a lead doesn't want to reach out to the Pro, doesn't want to talk to the Pro or doesn't want to hire the Pro then they have no reason to click that button and the Pro won't end up being charged for a worthless lead who doesn't want to talk to them. 

Regards,
Laurence.

MR
Level 10

@Lar  Makes sense to me. All of the basic info about a pro can be in their profile, their pop-up calendar, etc...  - easy to access for the customer, doesnt require the system to make a transaction, and the pro doesnt incurr false charge as I am sure that TT agrees that it should not charge for basic inquiries, rather just for bonafide attempts to make contact - and actively engage in dialogue - with a pro.

MR
Level 10

@Lar @Kameron @meckell

And strange -  I just received an alert on my phone and an email for a "lead" in the jobs tab, and not the inbox which was a job related to my areas, but not in my promote list

I hope I didnt get charged for that.

I thought jobs tabs leads did not come with an alert???

Moderator Meckell

@MR I'll look into this for you. Can I get the first name of the customer? 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Meckell Sure...  see below:

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 2.58.01 PM.png

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@MR thank you for that screenshot! Could you also send me a private message with a screenshot of the email notification you received? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wreach
Level 6

Re: Dealing with Ghosts

@Lar. Yes! Not only promoted leads but any leads that pros pay for, with no reply. I do not use promote. When a customer reaches out to me, and I am charged for the lead, I then get no reply! I have had customers, complain they do not receive notifications that I replied, or that they have trouble finding were they reached out to me. I think a customers phone number and or email address should be included in request. This way the pro can reach out, if there is no reply. Dont feel like my money is just wasted.
Cypret
Level 1

False leads

I feel like the leads that I'm paying for are false. They contact you for service, then you reply & no reply back. Just a charge to your account???. Hmmm
MR
Level 10

Re: False leads

@Cypret This is an issue that a large percentage of the pros on these boards is experiencing. I personally do not think they are false leads, but I do think from evidence discussed here on these boards and my own personal experience, that the use experience on the buyer side is wholfully problematic.

I have not received a response from a lead in a very long time. And I may be missing one or two, but I think its been weeks.

Re: Dealing with Ghosts

Personally, based on everything I've read in various threads, I don't think it's ghosting in its usual form. Sure, it happens, and there's not much anyone can do because it's reality in some cases. However, I believe that with this new system that creates an environment for competing against rank vs. other pros as it used to be, it's more likely that at least some of these 'ghosts' are other pros creating opporutnities for themselves. 

Simply put, there's only so much a pro can do to compete now. Once the profile is right--promoted with 10 reviews and everything else--it's now a sit-back-and-wait game. Without messages from customers, responsiveness doesn't exist, nor do hires and additional reviews. 

I mentioned this in another post on here that they have inadvertantly encouraged fake customers (that are actually pros). By doing this, they can message themselves, hire and review themselves and see an increase in rank since that is literally the only way.

No doubt, they have the ability to guard against it, but it's limited. Anyone with enough local friends and family (if needed) can get those people to do this for them. So while it's true that you "can't pay" to rank higher, this is the back door and it's not exactly a secret--it was happening before the change, too. But now, it's the ONLY way to compete, especially for beginners.

The upfront cost (and limited risk) is a drop in the bucket compared to the gains that the pros can get as they climb rank.