Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DJStevie
Level 12

Event city instead of customer home city

As a DJ, I need to see what city an event is taking place, as I'm sure it goes for many Pros as well.

My question, Is it possible to have the customer put the city that their event is taking place in their preferences, instead of their home city? This elminates being surprised that event is an hour or more away from me, and I can see if it's feasbile to take the jobs or not?

6 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Event city instead of customer home city

@DJStevie when customers search for a pro, they usually know that they're searching in the area they need the service in. Just to be sure, we ask them to "Please confirm where you need the DJ" at the end of the request flow. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell
Majority of my customers list their home city, then tell me where event will be held.
There has to be a better way
Perhaps have them list their venue by name(eg. Jupiter Civic Center).
0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

For me this is often the case. The jurisdiction of the matter is often not from where the lead is located.

This is especially common in probate cases.

So, I know I am an exception, but it would be short-sighted to think that the lead and location of even are always nearby.

A separate (required) field for event location makes a lot of sense and would save a lot of time.

Moderator Meckell

Thanks for your insight @MR

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie I could see how the venue name could be helpful. With that though, you may run into those customers who don't have a venue yet but know the general area of where they need a DJ. Do you have any other ideas to help get the location of the customer's event besides how we're doing things now?

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

True, some customers do not have a venue at the time they are looking for a DJ, but majority do have a venue in place, because I get asked if I'm licensed and insured.

How about having them use a mile radius setting, similar to Pros travelling preferences? Along with possibility listing a venue name(s)? Either or both would be a big help.

0 Kudos