results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
Lar
Level 9

Follow Up to Quotes sent via Jobs tab reinstated?

A couple of weeks ago Thumbtack removed the ability for us to send follow up messages to quotes that were sent via the Jobs tab. We could only send follow ups if the lead responded to our initial quote.

Today I checked that feature again and it looks like I can now send follow ups to quotes sent via the Jobs tab again. The feature has seemingly been reinstated.

Can anyone else confirm that they can now send follow ups to quotes sent via the Jobs tab again?

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
19 responses
MR
Level 10

Re: Follow Up to Quotes sent via Jobs tab reinstated?

@Lar 

Good find!

When I get a lead in Jobs tab that is something to respond to I will give it a try.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Lar some pros may still have the ability to follow up through the Jobs tab. However, removing the ability to follow up with customers in the Jobs tab who haven't responded to a pro is an update we are moving forward with and will eventually be site-wide. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Prior to two weeks ago I used to have the option to follow up. Two week ago I saw at my end that the option to follow up was gone and I saw it mentioned on this board.

All I'm saying is that Today it is back and I wondered it it had been reinstated. From what you're saying Meckell it will probably be gone again in the next few days.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Meckell 

Please excuse me if I repeat myself with this comment, or from other Pros comments, but the follow-up on quote was very useful for us. Taking that away leaves Pros in the dark. I can send a quote from Jobs Tab( provided the jobs are local which are very rare, and not 150+ miles away and affordable as well) and just sit back and wait for customer to reply? Just like with Promote on, I have to sit and wait for a conversation starter, which are not even coming daily. And in my business, every month is a busy month for DJs, so why aren't jobs coming in?

I need to see a customer ahead of time, it's how I've become a success, now it's a wait and see game..and it's a game that not only myself, but many Pros are losing at. I hope some changes are coming to help us soon.

Lar
Level 9

@Meckell, first your product team remove the feature (boo), then they bring it back (yay) and now you're saying that it will be gone eventually (boo). I wish your product team were able to figure out what they're doing and stop messing us around. 

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Meckell

@Lar as I mentioned earlier, this is an update that will eventually be site-wide. It sounds like you were in the first set of pros that this got rolled out to as you weren't able to send follow up messages just a few days ago. If you weren't able to follow up then, you shouldn't be able to now as this isn't something we're going back and forth on. I apologize for any confusion! 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

Thank you for aplogizing for the confusion @Meckell.

If you weren't able to follow up then, you shouldn't be able to now as this isn't something we're going back and forth on.

It might be a good idea to let your product team know that this isn't something Thumbtack are going back and forth on then. I don't think they know that.

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Lar I have let them know about your situation so they can look into it and see what's going on. Thank you for reaching out about this. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Lar could you send me a private message with the names of customers in which you weren't able to send a follow-up message to? 

0 Kudos