results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

Re: What is the current policy on Ghosts?

The current policy, as has been explained to me, is that we the pros pay for all ghosts. TT has a weird position of asserting that follow up messages are a cure for the ghosted clients. How strange! If these one click tire kickers ignore our initial response, why would TT expect them to answer to a second or third message? Let's hear an explanation on that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kukucka520
Level 4

Too bad

I've been with Thumbtack for several years. I used to happily spend 100+ a month for LEGIT leads.

Now, the only leads I get are GHOST leads. The ones who contact ME for an estimate - but never respond. Even if it's NOT the "perfect match" that Thumbtack says it is, I respond. WHY? Because I've already paid for the GHOST lead.

The only response I do get? From Thumbtack, telling me I have reached my weekly quota for bids and I should raise my weekly quota.

Moderator Kameron

Re: Too bad

@Kukucka520 I'm sorry to hear about the number of unresponsive customers you've been getting recently. Be sure to check out this post about ways to try and tackle these types of leads: What to do if a customer ghosts you. We realize this is a pain point pros are dealing with more and more often and that this is something that we're working towards reducing.

Re: Too bad

You admit that ghost leads are ocurring "more and more often". Obviously mismanagment on TT's part is the cause. We pros do not encorage empty leads, YOU do. As, by your admission, it occurs at greater frequency than before, then this is a result of TT's policy changes and lack of oversight. Do you really believe sending us off to another link is a solution? Why don't you just tell us what YOU are going to do about it?

0 Kudos
LeeCormier
Level 4

Paying for dead leads.

I get leads the are automaticly paid for asking for my availiblity then nothing follows! Is this a scam?

Moderator Meckell

Re: Paying for dead leads.

@LeeCormier definitely not a scam, however, we understand that it's frustrating when customers reach out initially and then you don't hear back. Be sure to check out this post here to see tips on what to do when customers ghost you. 

As far as when you're charged, I want to make sure there isn't any confusion on that. This article goes through when and how you're charged. Check that out and feel free to reach out with any further questions. We're always here to help! 

0 Kudos

Re: Paying for dead leads.

How is this NOT a scam?

0 Kudos
ncnavyguy
Level 4

Ghosting

Just a few notes from a Thumbtack Pro (retired Navy Chaplain and Wedding Officiant). The Thumbtack platform can be very useful once you understand that you (the Pro) need to concentrate on what you can control: Your profile, your reputation, detailed quotes, etc and understand that customer base is now and will always be a variable. I have spoken to and known pros from many different professions (and come from a family of contractors) so I can appreciate the frustration with the "range" of customers encountered. Thumbtack support is a strong part of their platform, and their customer and tech support staffs do follow up and listen to the pros. The alternative "platforms" are far less useful and helpful. One last note: I am retired military so I have personally seen the good, bad, and yes, ugly when it comes to decisions and wasted of time. cHope this point of view is helpful. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Ghosting

@ncnavyguy thanks for sharing your point of view on Thumbtack and the recognition of our support teams. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it's always so great to hear when those efforts are recognized. I also want to sincerely say thank you very much for your service to our country. Another pro just recently wrote about his time in the Air-Force and how that's helped shape his business. Be sure to take a look and feel free to share some of your story as well HERE

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

33% Ghost Rate - What's your Rate?

I did not think about it much because I have had work to keep me busy. But it would be a far reach to think these ghosts are leads when all they did was make one thumb press that cost me money and gave it to Thumbtack. Searching their names on the internet turned up no hits. One actually turned out to be a teenager. It is doubtfull that a teenager is buying a house and needs it inspected.

I will gladly pay for the phone number and I will make the call, but questions like "----- would like to schedule a phone call" that cost me anything is unacceptable.

Thumbtack should stop inviting the job posters to take our money with one click.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections