results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Re: Thumbtack "Ghosting" Top Pros

It is hurting our bottom line as well.

I could convery to no one at thumbtack how import 75$ was to our company.

Blanket me with leads and say they are only interested in me

Then I respond, follow up, follow up, and follow up...

I would have done nothing diffrently 

*shrugs*

They wouldn't even give me a credit much less a refund.

How far have we come from the 3-5 dollars days with refunds after 48 hours ghosting.

There is a solution.

You guys did it before because it was fair.

AND THATS WHEN QUOTING WAS LESS THAN 10$ PER LEAD!

Did you really think people wouldn't freak out over 75$?

TrustMoving
Level 5

Ghosting

Dear all,

We've just started working with Thumbtack and the main problem we have is Job Posters who never reply after getting a response from us.

For example:

This JP asked us (and two more Pros) about availability, got our response and never received any response from another 2 Pros. So, obviously, he didn't hire anyone else he just lost interest in his project or hired someone else outside TT. Frankly, I don't understand what were we charged for.

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 02.13.26.png

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 02.13.06.png

How do you deal with that? Any suggestions? 

MR
Level 10

Ghosting.... Update request

Hello Moderators, 

As I read the many posts from your customers, I still see numerous reports of Ghosting. I know I continue to have a very high percentage of them as well.

You have posted here several times that this is indeed a priority issue for you and that you understand the frustration your paying customers are experiencing.

Is there an update that you would like to share on what steps TT is taking to mitigate this issue? To date, if I recall correctly we have heard only that you understand this is an issue, but nothing on what is being done to minimize it. This issue has been out there for some time, so by now hopefully we can get a solid response.

Moderator Kameron

Re: Ghosting.... Update request

@MR you’re right. This is a topic that we hear about fairly often and are evaluating many areas to see where improvements can be made in order to have ghosting happen less frequently. As Drew touched on in his recent response to you in another thread, changes can take time. We’ve been doing more to let pros know about product changes as they relate to pro feedback in the Community. Once we have any updates to share out about certain topics like this one we will.

0 Kudos