Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices

Has anyone been scammed by someone wanting you manage other client other than yours?

Solved! Jump to solution
Person claim to have gotten my information from TT... attempts rush me into an INVOICE to have me pay another person not on my staff... this not common practice... they are hurrying TT vendors as well
Occupations (2)
States
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: Has anyone been scammed by someone wanting you manage other client other than yours?

Solved! Jump to solution

This is concerning to hear @1CreateLegacyLL I want to take a look into this. Will you please send me a private message with the following info:
1. Name of the person that's contacting you

2. Their phone number (or numbers if they're contacting you off of multiple.)

3. Any emails they've contacted you from. 

0 Kudos
7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Has anyone been scammed by someone wanting you manage other client other than yours?

Solved! Jump to solution

This is concerning to hear @1CreateLegacyLL I want to take a look into this. Will you please send me a private message with the following info:
1. Name of the person that's contacting you

2. Their phone number (or numbers if they're contacting you off of multiple.)

3. Any emails they've contacted you from. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
How do I send you a private message
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@1CreateLegacyLL Just go to my profile here and select, "direct message."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
PattyB6
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@1CreateLegacyLL, in the last year or so I have had scammers contact me saying they got my information from my quote on Thumbtack. They wanted to hire me but they all wanted to send me a check for substantially more than my fee. They wanted me to cash the check, keep my fee and send the balance to a "wedding planner" or "photographer" or "caterer", etc. who, for whatever reason, couldn't take a check themselves. One scammer said his employer was going to pay for the wedding but would only cut one check. I was already aware of this particular scam, I had him send me the check...$2500. Had I followed his instructions, I would have cashed the check, kept $300 and sent $2200 to his "wedding planner". Instead, the first thing I did was google the business name on the check, an oil change business in San Diego, and get the contact info. I called the business owner who told me that his business had been burglarized and his checkbook stolen. I then called the bank and gave them the account number, which was a closed account, and alerted them to the situation. I then sent the check to the police department in San Diego who wer investigating the theft. All of these people were very glad that I contacted them. Then I called Thumbtack and told them. Their response? "Oh well, this happens." 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@PattyB6 I'm sorry you were given that response. We take fake requests and scam activity very seriously. We have a system set in place to catch it, but there are times when things make it through. If you come across this type of activity again in the future, please let me know.  I will ALWAYS take the time and look into these situations for you and other pros and take the needed action. Don't hesitate to reach out, I'm happy to help in any way that I can. 

0 Kudos
DJChampagne
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I've had the same thing happen to me this week. They called from a google number and set up an account via Thumbtack. I have a whole thread from them stating that they were going to send me a copy of the check by image and for me to deposit it in my bank. They changing the activity date on me twice and only communicated via text message. I finally got them on the phone but they were activing as though they had a bad connection. It's honestly very scary and annoying so I blocked the number.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJChampagne so sorry to hear about this. If you haven't had us look into this with you yet, please feel free to send me a direct message with the information you have and I'll look into it with you.

0 Kudos