Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
PhilFischPhoto
Active Community Member

Here's a new problem I just encountered...

So, back on June 18th I quoted somebody for an engagment shoot that was to take place July 28th. I believe it was viewed right away, but I never heard anything from her. The following week I quoted on a similar job also on July 28th. That one followed up, we met, contract signed and we're all good.

Fast forward to yesterday July 13th, nearly a full month after I quoted on that first job, I get contacted. "I appreciate you reaching out, but no I am booked on the 28th," was my answer. In this new reality where quotes never expire (Remember refunds after two days?!) that conversation cost me $30.17!

As far as I know there is no way to cancel a quote once submitted, so now we're faced with zombie quotes. How ridiculous is this? I did submit an email to customer service (can't stand to do another phone call), so I will update with the result. Even if I do get a refund, why make us got through this headache? Beyond a certain amount of time make the quote free, or give us the option to cancel a quote when we have booked something else.

States
7 responses
Moderator Jordan

Re: Here's a new problem I just encountered...

Hi @PhilFischPhoto, if a customer responds more than 30 days after your info is sent, you will not be charged. This is a tough situation because while we encourage customers to reach out, we don't want to push them to do so unless they're serious (because now you get charged for that). What I can do right now is take this suggestion about the time frame and submit it as feedback. I know that's not an immediately helpful action, but in the long run, if we get enough pros bringing this up, it can make a change. 

0 Kudos
PhilFischPhoto
Active Community Member

It used to be two days. Now it's 30 days. Every change you guys have made over the past year has been user hostile and designed only to make Thumbtack more money. And the only answer I ever get is that it's being submitted as feedback. With all the feedback you're getting these days I would expect a fully revamped Thumbtack being launched soon because it can't continue this way much longer. 

I'm passionate about this because quite frankly Thumbtack is (was) pretty great. It's one of those rare things that actually works as advertised, and despite my multitude of complaints it still works. But, it's not a good feeling when it feels like I'm simultaneously being ripped off, and every attempt is being made to reduce transparency.

Moderator Kameron

@PhilFischPhoto you're right it used to be two days if the customer never viewed the quote. Now, there's no need to even worry about being charged if the customer views your bid since you're only charged for a response. What's being talked about here is a separate issue. Currently, if you send a quote and the customer responds 30 days later or more then you won't be charged. 

I can definitely understand that being told "we've taken your feedback", more than once with little or no changes would be frustrating. Just know that the feedback you guys send to us really does matter. Our teams are working diligently to digest everyone's suggestions, identify the needs, and implement changes in a way that makes sense. It does take time and we appreciate you sticking it out with us.

0 Kudos
PhilFischPhoto
Active Community Member

I wouldn't say I'm sticking it out just yet. Obvioulsy, I've earned way more money on Thumbtack than I've spent on quotes, otherwise I would have stopped a long time ago. But, I'm certainly not left with a good feeling about it. It's akin to somebody constantly spouting gibberish about the strongest economy and lowest unemployment numbers in decades, but everything still has a general icky feeling, now doesn't it?

0 Kudos
jonturino
Community Regular

I don't like being charged when the only question from the potential client is "Are you available on my date?"

Crooner
Community Regular

I thought that the calendar in our profile allowed us to block out dates and times that we were unavailable. Apparently, that's not true. I would like TT to address this.

Moderator Kameron

@Crooner, apologies that this wasn't more clear. You can in fact block days and times on your pro calendar to show when your not available. I've listed the steps to do this below. 

1. Click your photo in the top corner.
  2. Select Calendar from the drop-down menu.
  3. Choose a service (if you have more than one) for the calendar you want to update. 
  4. Click the white cells to block off dates or hours you’re unavailable. 

Calendar cells fill in light blue when you’re marked as unavailable, and your changes save automatically. If you have more than one service on Thumbtack, you’ll need to update a separate calendar for each service.

0 Kudos