Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Leopard
Level 5

Re: We can no longer set travel preferences unless you switch to Promote.

When will TT learn that No means No. Now on top of getting leads that are 75 to 240 miles away when I pass on them they are cropping back up within 24 hours. It’s as if TT thinks he said no but if we send it again maybe he’ll screw up and say yes.

I really doubt that I will be able to maintain my Top Pro status.

Please go back to how we operated just a short nine months ago before the changes “to the Pro’s” benefit. Or at least quit wasting our time with long distance leads and resending them.

0 Kudos
rdanek
Level 4

Service Area

Once again I'm getting leads from way outside of my service area. This seems to happen every six months or so. I know that I have to once again go back in and update the "advanced" settings, but every time I have to do this, I can't find the page for this. Can someone provide the steps to get me to the "advanced" setting so I can get these fixed? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Service Area

@rdanek when looking through your account I was able to see that you are not promoting. In order to set a specific travel radius pros will need to finish up their settings and preferences through promote. If you are not promoting you'll be seeing a wider variety of jobs within a 150-mile range, however, you'll only pay for leads that you accept on your own or from customers responding to quotes you've sent yourself. 

0 Kudos
JJLouis
Level 6

That's not true because when you "promote" your business, you automatically pay for leads that exactly match your preferences. Some leads may match all of my preset preferences, and still not be anything that I'm interested in or even capable of doing. Thumbtack knows this or they wouldn't have switched to this new system. They know contractors are going to end up paying automatically for quotes that they wouldn't otherwise have paid for because they're not usable. This is exactly what Homeadvisor did years ago, and why so many peope left that service and came here. If Thumbtack doesn't rethink this I may have to "promote" my business somewhere else.

Moderator Kameron

@JJLouis I was referring to instances where the pro is NOT promoting. The goal is for promote to help pros find the jobs they always want and not the other way around, and I'm sorry that hasn't felt like the case for you. Have you gone back through your preferences when promoting to make sure they are more honed in for the very specific jobs that you know you'd always accept if given the choice?

0 Kudos
TomPotter
Level 5

I was pretty satisfied with the leads I was finding before the changes. I knew they were in a certain radius, I was able to review them before spending money on them, and only leads within my radius came to me-it is what set TT apart from Homeadvisor. Dont try to build value in the Promote feature and feed us a bunch of lies. You've LESSENED the value of the leads when I now have to pay for leads I otherwise wouldnt have bid on when I choose to promote. Many leads come through with a higher price tag when they list it as a general contractor need when all they want is a new door put in-a job smaller than anything worth my time. If you want to build value in my leads, increase description, go back to allowing me to choose cities and not just a mileage radius, get rid of this promote feature. Stop trying to model your business after your competition, you gained many of their members when you set yourself apart
cranichik
Level 8

@Kameron Well, looks like thumbtack has pulled it's final straw to lose Pros. Now that I can't set my travel preferences, you are useless to me.

I AM A PET SITTER. I CAN ONLY GO 5 MILES! With promote, I will be sent leads I can't do and be charged for them! I have always gotten them and have to pass. Just got one (not on promote) 5 hours away----to visit pets 3 times a day! Can you not see the absurdity in this???

Not just the distance, but you were sending me overnight visits. I don't do that either! It doesn't matter what I specify, thumbtack sends whatever leads it wants. I will NEVER use promote, so I guess that means no more thumbtack.

Moderator Kameron

@cranichik as you and I have discussed previously you and your situation are quite unique as you only work/travel within a 5-mile radius. I'm sorry that we haven't been able to accommodate you and your business in regards to that and I hope that it's something that we can eventually offer. 

0 Kudos
JJLouis
Level 6

@Kameron @cranichik  Her situation is not "unique". It's the same situation we are all facing, just on a smaller scale. I originally set my preferences to a radius of 30 miles. Only I live in New England, and a town that's thirty miles in one direction might take me 15 minutes to get to, while a town that's thirty mile in the other direction might take over an hour. Not to mention, 30 miles North puts me in another state where I'm not licensed and probably never will be.  Luckily, Thumbtack let me pick which towns I wanted to service, and things were good.

For a while.

Now, if I want to use that feature of your service, I have to "promote" my business and pay automatically for leads that I wouldn't pay for otherwise. 

Highlighted
WildasinHome
Level 4

Re: Hey is Anyone Else Getting "Leads" from 2 and 3 States Away?

I don't see how these changes has the potential to increase the number of leads for pros or revenue generation for Thumbtack in any way.  Also, customers are getting referred to pros who have no interest traveling the distance to their location, resulting in lower quality leads for everyone.  

My jobs feed has been flooded with leads in states I'm not licensed to operate in, or at distances I am not willing to travel to.  I now have to scroll past an average of 30 leads before I find one that is even in my service area.  Given I was only interested in bidding on about 5% of posted leads before the new radius rollout, I now would need to look past 600 leads before finding one I am interested in bidding on.   Consider a closing rate of 20% on the throwing darts estimate model, and I need to go through 3,000 job listings to land 1 job.  This is crazy guys, I have spent exactly $0 on this platform since they made these changes, as I don't have the time to weed through all of these leads.  I'm also finding that I'm ignoring my phone app notifications because so many of them are too far away, causing me to miss opportunities on leads I would have previously been interested in. 

I am not interested in going the promotion route, as it is nearly impossible for a customer to know if your services are a good match for their project.  I liked the way it was -- I could determine if the job was worth being charged the fee for a lead based upon the customer's description of the project.  If this company wanted to increase lead generation, responses and revenue, they should be working on improving the details customers provide on lead postings.  Encourage more pictures, better descriptions and scope of work and more pros would be interested in the projects, or at least the quality of a customer-pro lead would be a better match for both parties.  I would be willing to pay more for quality leads than to pay less for a higher volume of undesirable leads.