Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Hankster
Community Veteran

Re: Leads

@FairygodmotherI know very well of paying for many empty leads in the 10 years that I have been using Thumbtack no matter which platform has been used (credits, ProAssist, Instant Match & now Promote). The lead is not required to provide any contact information when they reach out & show interest as I'm sure you know yet we as service pros are charged. Some of the leads Thumbtack likes to call customers are ghost leads which profits well for Thumbtack while the service pro loses money.

Moderator Kameron

@DCGLLC @Hankster the preferences you set through promoting will have a direct effect on where and when you'll show up in a customers search results. The Jobs tab is meant to be more of a secondary way for pros to meet new customers aside from the leads they receive in their inbox. The jobs shown there will be a wider variety (in both job details, and location) for pros to pick and choose from. I'll add that soon we'll be adding the ability to filter jobs in the jobs feed by distance!

Hankster
Community Veteran

I get that @Kameron but those leads are more than 50 miles outside of my travel area AND are located in different counties. If I've set my preferences as mentioned to a 50 mile radius & I only want jobs in Maricopa County why in the heck would TT send me jobs that are not setup in my travel preferences? It makes you folks at TT look good because you're sending me a job. However it doesn't do me any good as I'm going to pass on the request anyway. You say that 'soon we'll be adding the ability to filter jobs in the jobs feed by distance'. Is there a month that this update will happen? Surely someone there knows. The answer soon is a very vague one.

DJStevie
Community Expert

@Hankster 

I, along with a few other Pros, had mentioned a few weeks ago why doesn't Thumbtack synch the Promoted travel area preferences with Jobs tab. Makes sense to me, instead of now trying to set a filter/sort button by distance, and who knows what else.

Hankster
Community Veteran

It makes perfect sense @DJStevie We'll see if one of the 'awesome product changes' that @JasonB  mentions for April's product roundup will include what you mentioned. 

DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

It's ridiculous... I live on Long Island and work in a 25-35 mile radius, yet all day long I'm bombarded with job suggestions for NJ, CT, PA, RI, DE, MA!!!! So, that's why they turned off the request alert sounds - because it would drive us nuts to hear that irrelevent bing bing bing going off all day! Meanwhile, I'm DEAD! I average 85-100 jobs a year. This year so far, I've not even booked TEN! I'm confident they have no issue paying their bills.

DCGLLC
Community Regular

Thank you for your input
TonySpinella
Community Newcomer

Job locations

I would like to have my travel preferences put back on. I am getting requests from hundreds of miles away, I didn't have the time or patience to keep screening these to see which ones I can quote on. Why Is it so hard to make my travel preferences into my profile?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jeotrades
Community Regular

Re: Work requests

It doesn’t seem like they are fixing this problem. I have been experiencing this same issue since January.
Dimension
Community Regular

Too many jobs spamming from outside my travel preferences and none somewhat closer to my area

Does any other Pro have this problem? We are receiving roughly 200 to 300 jobs roughly 250 to 500 miles outside of our travel preferences.

We are contractors located in Suffolk county and Nassau County New York. We are on an island called Long Island. When we receive leads from New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware obviously we are not able to drive eight hours to work there in nor are we licensed there.

Every single day our office girls have to delete 200 to 300 jobs. It’s time-consuming and fu we are contractors located in Suffolk county and Nassau County New York. We are on an island called Long Island. When we receive leads from New Hampshire obviously we are not interested in driving eight hours to work in New Hampshire nor are we licensed there. Everyday our office girls delete 200-300 jobs. It’s a huge waste of our labor expenses.

Every time I call Thumbtack Support about this problem I get a hold of someone in Manila Philippines. I’ve requested a manager contact me back well over 13 times now and the only person that called me back once was a woman from the Philippines on a blocked number who had no idea how to fix the software or to make the amendment within my travel preferences. They said it’s only 150 miles outside of my travel preferences yet I am receiving leads from well over 500 miles outside my travel preferences. Is there any workaround for this?
0 Kudos