Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
K-9
Level 6

Hey is Anyone Else Getting "Leads" from 2 and 3 States Away?

Hey is Anyone Else Getting "Leads" from 2 and 3 States Away and What am I supposed to do with that?  What happened to Local Pros? Is this another Beneficial Change for Us Pros???

Occupations (1)
72 responses
TimFitz
Level 4

Re: Hey is Anyone Else Getting "Leads" from 2 and 3 States Away?

Yes, started like 2 days ago. I reset it and it’s good for 5 minutes then goes crazy with jobs 8 hours away. Guess this another way to “PROMOTE’ our business. I’ve been a Top Pro for 3 years and now ready to go to one of those “other” places. Guess they can charge for all these 8 hour away leads now. Have never seen a company go from so helpful to do money hungry in such a short time span. And yes I have requested help couple days ago but no response.

this was covered in another thread, Kameron advised that the distance was changed to 150mi range. Also, your distance settings no longer apply unless you Promote.  The pressure to Promote has become ridiculous, if you don't promote and list $1 as an initial charge, you're getting sent down on the list....Jason's words, not mine. 

• Down-ranking pros with $1 prices: Pros who list their starting price as $1 will now rank lower in search results. So list your accurate prices -- customers want to see an actual estimate.

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Forum/Denial-of-Travel-settings/m-p/20433#M4683

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/February-s-product-improvements/td-p/20451/p...

I have promoted services and still get leads from states away also.  This has to be fixed or I am out.

Moderator Kameron

@customerservice it sounds like we may need to revisit your travel settings. Right now I'm seeing that your travel is mainly around Philadelphia and Western New Jersey. If you have a recent example of one of your recent leads in question please send it to me in a direct message and we can take a look.

I just recieved a lead for Scranton, PA which is out of my coverage area.  I also did not get a email or app notification.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@customerservice can you send me a private message with the name of the customer? I want to look into this and give you further clarification. 

0 Kudos

I just started and I also am getting leads from 2 States away.. I am in Georgia.
Aic2020
Level 5

I have gone in preferences and. Have changed my settings several times and still get Job offers from people that are at least a couple hours away.
Sherry A. Robbins
Owner/Operator
trhoads155
Level 5

I know how you feel, this travel radius stuff is ridiculous. 3 years as a top pro with 300+ reviews and it doesn't matter