Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Hey is Anyone Else Getting "Leads" from 2 and 3 States Away?

did you send the direct message  

0 Kudos
trhoads155
Level 5

I know how you feel, this travel radius stuff is ridiculous. 3 years as a top pro with 300+ reviews and it doesn't matter

Moderator Meckell

@trhoads155 your loyalty, success, and Top Pro status definitely does matter. Do you have any questions for us or concerns you want to expand on? I truly want to hear you out and help with whatever I can. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@TimFitz I'm here to help with any questions you have. On the leads/jobs you refer to that are far away, are those jobs from the Jobs tab or are they leads that are reaching out to you directly?
If it's from the Jobs tab, then yes pros can now see jobs up to 150 miles away but will choose whether to quote or not and only pay for a customer response.
If they are leads that are directly contacting you and showing up as such in your Inbox, then it sounds like we may need to take a look into your travel preferences. If they do not match your preferences then you'll be given the option to accept the contact. Either way, you should only be paying for contacts when you've opted into them on your own, or if you're promoting you opt-in ahead of time with your settings and preferences. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

What about having Thumbtack have a setting for ALL jobs(jobs tabs and inbox)? I'm getting tired of seeing jobs that are 3 hours away and not in my travel preference, and I'm sure many Pros feel the same way.

Leopard
Level 5

The leads that I started receiving just a few days ago are 60-175 miles away. Even though I turned my service area down to 15 miles from 25 testing to avoid dealing with an undesired service radius, it had no effect. Reducing my area does nothing to correct having to spend time first looking if the lead has enough detail to interest me, then how reasonable is the fee (that is a separate issue) and now, is the lead still realistic considering the extended travel time to another metropolitan area.

The  “enhancements” being made should focus on increasing our business by improving lead qualification, not cause us to spend more time weeding out undesirable projects, thus taking us away from revenue generation.

Leopard
Level 5

I have finally figured out the logic. I use to pay for leads and now I have to promote/pay not to get leads that are three hours away. Which the majority are now.
0 Kudos

Yes! I am getting the same thing in my “jobs” file! Massachusetts, Delaware, Connecticut, New Jersey etc...  and customers are actually wanting me to come cut their lawns there! 

0 Kudos
Leopard
Level 5

I’ve contacted customer support with no success other than signing up to promote my services, which of course comes with an additional cost.
For me it has boiled down to the fact that I use to pay for winnable leads. Now I have to pay additional so not to get leads. 83% andbi did do the math are at least two hours away meaning in another state. For the ones within my area the few has no rhyme or reason. Many jobs have a fee that is way out of proportion to what I would charge. And I can’t afford to pay triple or more for what I use to pay for a lead.
guymini99
Level 5

I guess we are all getting this ridulous option. I have talked to support several time and at one point was told that it was going to be fixed the net weekend. Guess what it still isn't fixed and I don't believe it will be in the near future if at all. I tis a nucence and they don't care if they clutter up our in box. GOOD Luck IN TRYING TO GET THIS REMOVED!!!!

0 Kudos